Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

HGH and PCOS

daman1

daman1

VIP Member
Jul 25, 2016
The Mrs is interested in supplementing with HGH but has PCOS. I cannot find any information anywhere as to whether HGH would be harmful to her since she has PCOS. Our Doctor, as well as her Endocrinologist, are old school and completely against any supplementation outside of a multivitamin. Any KNOWLEDGEABLE information would appreciated.

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
I'll ask my doc. Specializes in anti aging, GH and hormones and will have an opinion I am sure.

V

veronica

TID Lady Member
Aug 6, 2016
The Mrs is interested in supplementing with HGH but has PCOS. I cannot find any information anywhere as to whether HGH would be harmful to her since she has PCOS. Our Doctor, as well as her Endocrinologist, are old school and completely against any supplementation outside of a multivitamin. Any KNOWLEDGEABLE information would appreciated.
I have read studies that Growth hormone levels are actually significantly lower PCOS patients than the studies control patients however the number of growth hormone pulses per day was the same.
Lifestyle changes such as weight loss and exercises are shown to improve the symptoms of PCOS, which possibly growth hormone could help with, along side diet and exercise of course.
The only thing to be mindful of is that PCOS can contribute to metabolic syndrome which can cause insulin resistance and growth hormone can in susceptable people raise their blood sugar levels (though this is usually only in very high doses).
I seriously doubt it would exacerbate her symptoms, expecially if the dose was kept in the 2-4 iu range. Maybe try a low dose short cycle and gets her blood sugars checked a few times to make sure everythings on track.
Conversely she could use igf-1 instead which doesnt have the negative effect on blood sugars/insulin resistance that HGH has.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic