Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Hernia surgery

Cannibal74

Cannibal74

Mar 30, 2017
having hernia surgery in the morning. Looking to see if there is any known speedy healing ideas out there. Open to it all so if you have a suggestion I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I don't have any special advice other than to listen to the doc, and take it easy the first several weeks. Let everything heal properly. Being in shape is a marathon, not a sprint. Trying to do too much too soon is a recipe for aggravating injuries.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I had the surgery 7 years ago for an umbilical hernia. The surgery itself was a breeze. The first couple days post surgery were painful but tolerable. I was instructed to take 4 weeks off from lifting which I did. Started real slow and worked my way back but over did dumbbell rows and tore the muscle just above the incision.

Lesson learned go real slow (more so then you would think) and tighten those abs up when your lifting.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Hey Mid,
Is that type of hernia surgery cosmetic, cause your navel sticks out, or a necessary thing?
I think there are different hernias (?)

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Hey Mid,
Is that type of hernia surgery cosmetic, cause your navel sticks out, or a necessary thing?
I think there are different hernias (?)
it was an umbilical hernia as the intestine was popping thru just above the naval. Also should mention mesh was not used..

Last edited:
Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I had inguinal hernia surgery just a couple months ago. Felt like my balls were being squeezed and then every once in a while like a massive Indian burn in my crotch. Went on for almost a year before I found out about it.

I did have the mesh.. So hopefully I don't die.

Cannibal74

Cannibal74

Mar 30, 2017
thanks for the input, I'm taking it easy right now doc said 6-8 weeks. so that's what I'm aiming to do. I have bought the stimrx 15r to help out while I'm not in the gym so hoping this will help keep me up a little bit.

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
I had inguinal hernia surgery just a couple months ago. Felt like my balls were being squeezed and then every once in a while like a massive Indian burn in my crotch. Went on for almost a year before I found out about it.

I did have the mesh.. So hopefully I don't die.
I had the mesh 3 years ago and I am still alive. Just follow what the Doc says and you should be OK..i held off the surgery to compete, had the surgery and competed 9 months later. Recovery was not bad for me.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I had testicular strangulation as a result of a hernia. I had the mesh in 2001. I am still alive.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic