Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Help me choose a new power rack.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I love the first one man! Really not a bad price. Not cheap by any means but not outrageous. Plus I love the red.

The elitefts is nice but with shipping it became less of a sound investment for a basement gym...total was almost 1500. Now I have almost a grand back to put towards other shit.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
The elitefts is nice but with shipping it became less of a sound investment for a basement gym...total was almost 1500. Now I have almost a grand back to put towards other shit.
Hell yeah man! That's a much better deal. Glad ramrod showed you that. Getting a lot more bang for your buck.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
My Gym just bought one too..

Couple things about it.. It's not too bad. It's not very deep at only 24in. I do wish it was a bit deeper. I'm looking into some of those Mono-lift attachments. So I don't have to walk out a squat. The only time I ever hit the rack is during the walk out.

Don't attach the Plate holders like what's in this pic. They are in the way.

20151217_103414_zps9jiznx2u.jpg

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
thats a great deal bro, glad that worked out well for you.
I skipped out on the elitefts and I'm putting some of the extra budget towards the 3 new bars that I was planning on anyhow.

got the rubber mats being delivered next week and the rack the 2nd week of Jan.

Where did you order the rubber mats from?

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012

Not sure where it bought his, but I got mine at a local tractor supply store pretty cheap. Want to say $20 or so for a 4x6.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011

Combo between tractor supply and a hockey rink where I know the GM. They aren't as cheap as Ramrod says below at least where I live...they are 39.99/sheet of 4x6. I doubled up on the rubber mats in a couple of areas. Warning, when they are fresh off the cutters, air them out for a day or two. They are so incredibly pungent, it'll consume your house/basement garage etc.

Not sure where it bought his, but I got mine at a local tractor supply store pretty cheap. Want to say $20 or so for a 4x6.

Wouldve been nice to pay half. Oh and I'm buying a tree stand for the weights with a dolly underneath to roll around (to answer your pic above).....the feedback for attachments wasn't good through the reviews. Thanks again broski.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
I bought my power rack off eBay..it's from New York BB about 4 yrs ago. 1" spacing. Spent $269. I can't remember the model number but an super pleased with it. I purchased a flat bench separately. A nice sturdy bench just can't remember the brand.

BTW...I pick up rubber mats at the local lumber yard. They recycle old tires and make their own mats for all purposes. They also cut to fit the beds of trucks!

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
Dude, wait a month and check CL unless you are dead set on getting a brand new one. I have been trolling CL for a while for random items for a home gym and these come up every now and then at a great price.

You can borrow my Smith machine in the mean time, just get RR to remove her fanny pack hanging from it.

LMAO, but seriously craigslist is a great place to get gym equipment. I've gotten a decent ProForm treadmill from CL which works very nicely and would have cost almost 2K new.

As for power racks the EliteFTS one is what I'd go for as I sometimes use one at a coworker's place across town.

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
Let me know how this set up is coming. If you need any help I am 20 min away.

R

RichardFriesen

Feb 27, 2016
Anyone know if storing plates on the rear of a R4 or RML 490 gets in the way of squatting or benching inside of the rack? Also trying to decide between anchored and flat footed racks, any advice?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Anyone know if storing plates on the rear of a R4 or RML 490 gets in the way of squatting or benching inside of the rack? Also trying to decide between anchored and flat footed racks, any advice?

Dude, you'll have a better chance of getting your question answered if you start a new thread. And I think the answer is yes, the weights will be in the way if you store them on the rear of the rack if they're facing inward. If they're facing out to the rear maybe not, but they'll be hard to get at. Better to buy a wall mounted rack or floor rack.

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I think the question whether to go with an anchored or floor footed rack is mainly down to your budget and space. If you can afford a floor footed rack it will be better, no doubt, and you can move it around, and you will have a free standing rack with the safety bars in place for protection. Much better than a wall model that can't easily be moved, that always requires a wall mounting, and how do the safety bars work on the wall???

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic