pbtom
What's New?

Hello! Little girl, huge strength

C

chippz

Oct 18, 2019
Hello everybody!
I am 26.
Ex runner, now i train seriously on cycling and gym.
Well, even if i like my personal results i am not here for me but for my "hobby".

I am an athletic (running) coach, but now i just follow a little girl, 12 years old, and we are moving on gym (she did various sports since she was 5, from ice skating to judo to athletics..). She loves gym.

Well, that's the reason why i am here. I want to share her progress and i am curious about your opinions about the girl.

I'll open a journal on the right section of the forum, but i just give you a spoiler of yesterday's workout. Her first gym workout.

We were 3 person.
Me, a cyclist and gym addicted
A friend, a 10years gym athlete
The little girl.

We both finished with our legs destroyed by the immense strength of the girl. It was impossibile for us to keep up with her and she destroyed us with a massive 10 reps at 107 kg on the leg press... And she is just 12!

So i am here to discuss about her. She can become someone really BIG (strong) in the future. What do you think?

I'll open the journal with her yesterday's workout soon.
Thank you!

Inviato dal mio LLD-L31 utilizzando Tapatalk

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
Welcome to TID.

At `12 years old, the little girl is not even close to physical maturity. I would have her stick basically with body weight exercises....pushups, chins, etc, and maybe some weight training using high rep/lower weight and concentrating on form and control rather than explosive movement. I wouldn't advice having a preadolescent push heavy weight and/or max out under any circumstance.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Glad to have you! And welcome to the den!!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Which was your favorite route?

Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II Loop from Tre Torri
or
Villa Mirabello Loop from Cernusco sul Naviglio

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
welcome to the Den! make you mark

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
[QUOTE="chippz, post: 531958, member: 32246"
And she is just 12!

So i am here to discuss about her. She can become someone really BIG (strong) in the future. What do you think?

Inviato dal mio LLD-L31 utilizzando Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

What do I think? She's 12 y.o. This is no different then the 12 y.o. that's the fastest in the class or the 12 y.o. that throws a good fastball pass the other kids who can't drag a wooden bat through the strike zone.

Relax. In the end, by the time most kids are Seniors in High School, they are all about the same excluding any training they do.

Reactions: CFM
C

chippz

Oct 18, 2019
Thank you for the answers.

Yes, i know i have to go slow with her and use reps/technique rather than heavy weights, but that was easy for her (i don't know how, i don't think i can do 10 reps with 107 kg on the press...), we got caught on her easiness during the excercises..

Now i study a good plan for her.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
My daughter is 8 and excelling at gymnastics. She’s competing with 12-14 yr olds at regional level after 4yrs of training/recreational level.

A big part of her athleticism is from body weight movements and plyometrics.

Work on her vertical leap,
Chin ups and pull ups
Push ups
Planks
Flexibility

At 12 yrs old you want to be careful not to keep her too lean (interfere with puberty). You also don’t want excessive resistance training because her epiphesial plates haven’t fused and her bones are still growing. Focus on her being comfortable moving herself through space, economy of muscle (carry just what she uses ). As opposed to bodybuilding which is about muscle at any cost.

Good luck and be careful.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Also consider rock climbing (indoor with safety equipment at first). Some of the strongest women I know are climbers.

C

chippz

Oct 18, 2019
My daughter is 8 and excelling at gymnastics. She’s competing with 12-14 yr olds at regional level after 4yrs of training/recreational level.

A big part of her athleticism is from body weight movements and plyometrics.

Work on her vertical leap,
Chin ups and pull ups
Push ups
Planks
Flexibility

At 12 yrs old you want to be careful not to keep her too lean (interfere with puberty). You also don’t want excessive resistance training because her epiphesial plates haven’t fused and her bones are still growing. Focus on her being comfortable moving herself through space, economy of muscle (carry just what she uses ). As opposed to bodybuilding which is about muscle at any cost.

Good luck and be careful.

Thank you very much for the hints.

Pull/chin-up, push up, planks and flexibility is what we used to do at the athletic's track (after running and exercises of course).

Today second gym workout.
We did various exercises focusing on the technique. She can do squats nearly perfectly (way better than i do..), also for fun we did some punch at the sandbag (with boxe gloves). She is really interested in every kind of sport!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic