Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Hello guys

1yeardeep

1yeardeep

May 8, 2020
Been working out pretty moderately hard for about a year. Need something diffefent so here I am. Todays workout is pushing myself to a 1000 pushups. No I dont normally do this. However i feel i have hit a wall as for physique. So I feel a "super shock" is necessary.

Around 5 meals a day. In the area of 3500 calories total. Fairly clean with the occasional sugar sweet.

1 rep maxes
260 bench
400lb deadlift
350lb squat- prior hernia repair still has my head twisted. I'll get thru jt eventually. Current weight 198. Arms 15.5inches waist 34 and I forget chest size.

Ask me anything I'm going to be stuck home awile ...

1yeardeep

1yeardeep

May 8, 2020
Better view I guess

Attachments

• 0507200827_HDR~2.jpg
    0507200827_HDR~2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 25
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Welcome to TID @1yeardeep

Most of us have been stuck at home for a while.....

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Been working out pretty moderately hard for about a year. Need something diffefent so here I am. Todays workout is pushing myself to a 1000 pushups. No I dont normally do this. However i feel i have hit a wall as for physique. So I feel a "super shock" is necessary.

Around 5 meals a day. In the area of 3500 calories total. Fairly clean with the occasional sugar sweet.

1 rep maxes
260 bench
400lb deadlift
350lb squat- prior hernia repair still has my head twisted. I'll get thru jt eventually. Current weight 198. Arms 15.5inches waist 34 and I forget chest size.

Ask me anything I'm going to be stuck home awile ...
Welcome to the den bro.

I just happen to have some time to ask questions :)

If you feel you are at a standstill, you have come to the right place. It looks like you've got a decent base to work off of. Our diet determines what we look like. You can be in a gym for years and see the same people year after year working their asses off but never really making any significant changes. Hell, I was one of those people.

The difference, diet.

You don't have to answer some of these if you don't want to, you can PM if you like. These questions will help to determine the best way for you to approach this and to see what level you are at. In bodybuilding, steroids are used quite frequently. I ran cycles when I was younger and now I stay on as my test levels have lowered enough to medically stay on. Have you run any cycles? It's cool if you have or haven't. Just getting a feel for you.

As far as diet, if you feel you have hit a wall, I'm guessing your not gaining right now. If you are gaining weight but not muscle, you may need to up your protein. If you aren't gaining any weight, you may need to up your cals. This is providing your training is in check.

What are your goals here? Gain and build muscle or tone up and look hard?

How do you track your cals? You have to always make sure you hit the mark.

How much protein do you take in every day?

Do you know how many cals you burn? It can make a big difference if you burn a lot. Just depends on your activity.

How does your training look?
How many days per week?
Training style? Light/Heavy/Mix/In between It doesn't matter as long as you are tearing your muscles down properly.

1yeardeep

1yeardeep

May 8, 2020
Diet....for the most part

Morning either 4 eggs and half a cup of rice. Recently started making a pancake thats a half cup of pancake mix 4 eggs little bit of milk and i add in either strawberries or bananas and some cinnamon. Then my 2nd breakfast is something quick. Such as a shake. By shake i mean 4 ice cubes 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, choc milk and a activia yogurt.

Lunch sways a lot. Today I had a turkey sandwhich and some baked beans. About an hour ago I ate 3 eggs and half cup of rice smothered in tapatio....i love hot sauce.

Dinner usually 4 ounces of beaf or pork. In many forms. Burger, tenderloin, ...ect. Mac and cheese or baked beans . sometimes a cheesy pasta.....

I am terrible at tracking.,I need to. I need you guys to yell at me. Lol.

Workouts
Arms and shoulders Monday
Tuesday legs
Wednesday light cardio "couple 1 or 2 mile walks"
Thursday back
Friday chest

Being I cant hit my local gym. I have limited weights. So I hit curls, hammer curls, skull crushers, squats, bent over rows...typical dumbbell exercises.

220lbs weight would be my max probably.
I feel my base....hasent changed in awile. So I'm going to "overtrain" a few days. See if that changes things. Been told by a few that over training is a myth. Either your not sleeping enough or not eating enough. Think I'm going to take this mindset for a few weeks

1yeardeep

1yeardeep

May 8, 2020
Saturday's and sundays sway a lot due to family obligations but I usually get in some cardio. Via walking, hiking ect..... Drug free. Besides a LOT of weed. Preworkout and some vitamins

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Welcome, your physique is 100% similar to @Lizard King here at TID. I think LK uses a lot of steroids to look like that though...and he's super old.
Wait, who was a mod on "forums" before there was actually a forum old man?

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Welcome aboard and enjoy the banter!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Welcome, your physique is 100% similar to @Lizard King here at TID. I think LK uses a lot of steroids to look like that though...and he's super old.
Wait, who was a mod on "forums" before there was actually a forum old man?

Welcome to TID, 1yeardeep. You may have ignited a cat fight between Mr. BMJ, who is well known and highly regarded in the community, and ... the other guy.

exciting first day at The Den!

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Diet....for the most part

Morning either 4 eggs and half a cup of rice. Recently started making a pancake thats a half cup of pancake mix 4 eggs little bit of milk and i add in either strawberries or bananas and some cinnamon. Then my 2nd breakfast is something quick. Such as a shake. By shake i mean 4 ice cubes 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, choc milk and a activia yogurt.

Lunch sways a lot. Today I had a turkey sandwhich and some baked beans. About an hour ago I ate 3 eggs and half cup of rice smothered in tapatio....i love hot sauce.

Dinner usually 4 ounces of beaf or pork. In many forms. Burger, tenderloin, ...ect. Mac and cheese or baked beans . sometimes a cheesy pasta.....

I am terrible at tracking.,I need to. I need you guys to yell at me. Lol.

Workouts
Arms and shoulders Monday
Tuesday legs
Wednesday light cardio "couple 1 or 2 mile walks"
Thursday back
Friday chest

Being I cant hit my local gym. I have limited weights. So I hit curls, hammer curls, skull crushers, squats, bent over rows...typical dumbbell exercises.

220lbs weight would be my max probably.
I feel my base....hasent changed in awile. So I'm going to "overtrain" a few days. See if that changes things. Been told by a few that over training is a myth. Either your not sleeping enough or not eating enough. Think I'm going to take this mindset for a few weeks

When it comes to your diet, your first focus should be hitting your numbers for calories and protein. You can over train if you want to but all you'll be doing is overtraining. When we workout, all we are doing is tearing our muscles down for the food to make us grow. Without enough food to make us grow, extra training is no help.

You are looking in the wrong direction. From a glance at your diet, you aren't getting enough to make progress for 200lbs. You don't have to eat clean as a whistle but you do have to hit your numbers every single day, that's what makes a bodybuilder. No shortcuts, every day. Most find it too hard or don't want to put in the work that it really takes.

Training is a small part of building a great physique. Focusing on your diet will get you the changes you are looking for.

No biggie on never running a cycle, I commend you. I asked so I could get a better Idea on how fast you should be making progress. The rules change a bit when cycling. Over training is much more difficult but that also means you would need more food.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic