Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Healthy eating alone for fat loss

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
He had some newer pics out from this year, but I can't find them atm. These were last year's pics.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
This is my favorite debate. I recently attended a seminar with Layne Norton. And when I asked him, "so If I cut and eat my oreos as my source of carbs in the AM....SO say 150g of carbs from oreos in the AM...then finish up my other cals from protein and fat the rest of te day, my muscle retention and fatloss will be the same?" He said that's not what Id recommend, but I(LN) would rather my competitor be 90%, 100% of the time, rather than 100%, 70% of the time.....Make sense. So what I gather is its hard to find people as insane as competitors that can successfully eat perfect 100% of the time....That's not my issue, that's theres.

Now off season I incorporate IIFYM to some degree. But for absolute best results, wouldn't you want to remain insulin sensitive thoughout the day, so that you can give yourself a nice spike post wo, curb cortisol and load glucose and amino acids into muscle cells best? My .02cents

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
seriously... lets do this competition... I will gladly be the guinea pig

If you were asking me to come up with a diet, I will be willing to do that. Do you want only macros, or foods too? Do you want to diet while on carbs or on keto only? I am thinking on carbs so the comparison will work.

Here is what I propose. Give both of us your stats, Shortz and I agree on the macros and Kcals. I prescribe the clean diet and will give you some parameters (i.e. no processed foods with high sugar content, no beer, alcohol, etc. a very strict bodybuilding diet, and Shortz prescribes the normal foods diet.

I have to admit, my one limitation is I have been doing keto diets of late and it has been a few years since I dieted while eating carbs, so I am a bit rusty on how to structure it. But so long as you eat clean and hit the macros, I think it will work and be a fair competition.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
This guy would argue that as well. He uses IIFYM all the way up until he needs to carb and sodium deplete, from there he still eats mostly IIFYM, just a more strict version of it. His name is Alberto Nunez and he has been doing preps like this for years. It's taking the pro natty scene by storm.

47400d1314912714-alberto-nunez-310746_10150344876124002_513634001_9405665_4836354_n.jpg

alberto1.jpg

A buddy of mine just did it as well, working with 3DM on his contest prep and was eating hot dogs and chili up until a days of his contest. He came in absolutely shredded, and took all the wins and got a local natty pro card.

I'm sure he is doing it like any other trainer would prep someone. 200 g protein 120g carbs 60g fats or whatever the ratio and this is with clean foods. Does that mean it's IIFYM???? When I think of IIFYM I think of people eating whatever food they want as long as it "fits". I think people are confusing what the diet really is. I am sure that guy was not eating pancakes for his carbs and cream cheese for his fats. That is the point I am making and if you say there are guys that do eat like that on their show prep I would like to here from them and see pics because whatever formula they are using would be worth thousands....

Last edited:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
He said that's not what Id recommend, but I(LN) would rather my competitor be 90%, 100% of the time, rather than 100%, 70% of the time.....

This is exactly why I feel this is a lifestyle diet and why I personally feel it works so well. You can stick to it every day and not feel like you're killing yourself. You are more likely to stick with a diet every day if it's easy. The more difficult a diet is, the less likely you will be at it 100% ever day.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
The dude eats 500-600g of carbs a day. Not kidding. Dudes metabolism is no joke.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
True, and I cant agree more. But what is best

This is exactly why I feel this is a lifestyle diet and why I personally feel it works so well. You can stick to it every day and not feel like you're killing yourself. You are more likely to stick with a diet every day if it's easy. The more difficult a diet is, the less likely you will be at it 100% ever day.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I'm sure he is doing it like any other trainer would prep someone. 200 g protein 120g carbs 60g fats or whatever the ratio and this is with clean foods. Does that mean it's IIFYM???? When I think of IIFYM I think of people eating whatever food they want as long as it "fits". I think people are confusing what the diet really is. I am sure that guy. Was not eating pancakes for his carbs and cream cheese for his fats. That is the point I am making and if you say there are guys that do eat like that on their show prep I would like to here from them and see pics because whatever formula they are using would be worth thousands....

They aren't making thousands because 1. Few people believe them 2. You can do it without them

BTW, want to know his favorite carb source? Pop-tarts. It's actually a bit of an inside joke. He wears a pop-tarts T shirt to kind of spoof on himself. Oh, and yes, he eats pancakes as well. ;) He's posted pics of his pancake stacks.

I am really not sure what else I can say. Regardless of how much evidence I provide, you will always come up with something. You can either try it yourself (and with good intentions, because if you don't stick to your macros, of course it wont work) or you can just go with the flow like the rest of the community does because "that's the way it is". Personally, I would prefer to have a lifestyle diet that's easy and get just as lean as everyone else and enjoy myself.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
They aren't making thousands because 1. Few people believe them 2. You can do it without them

BTW, want to know his favorite carb source? Pop-tarts. It's actually a bit of an inside joke. He wears a pop-tarts T shirt to kind of spoof on himself. Oh, and yes, he eats pancakes as well. ;) He's posted pics of his pancake stacks.

I am really not sure what else I can say. Regardless of how much evidence I provide, you will always come up with something. You can either try it yourself (and with good intentions, because if you don't stick to your macros, of course it wont work) or you can just go with the flow like the rest of the community does because "that's the way it is". Personally, I would prefer to have a lifestyle diet that's easy and get just as lean as everyone else and enjoy myself.
So what drugs is he on then. I'm sorry I'm not convinced. If it's so easy why is not all the trainers and competitors doing it. Maybe there are a select few that can do it. But the most of the bodybuilding community has to work hard and if it was easy like that everyone would be doing it. I don't hate the diet . off season I can see people trying it. That's all I can say my 2C I'm out TG

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic