pbtom
What's New?

Health portal: my history of lipid results

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
1667403090316.jpeg

I just logged in my portal to check on a message from the surgeons office and took a look at past results compared to current. Pretty consistent. However I had variations in other categories as I cycled back in the day. Overall, I think this proves that if using responsibly it’s not an early death sentence like most people would think or believe. The U.S. public has a very bad (misinformed) opinion of steroids.

now watch me drop dead tomorrow lol

Realistically tho, part of the point being, the addition of a patient portal is pretty awesome. If you have one and never logged in? Check it out.

Last edited:
midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
There’s an interesting story behind the improvements in HDL that might not make sense. But the #’s are hard to argue with.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for sharing bro. Love seeing more good stuff like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Very cool... Can you share how your HDL improved?
Sure. As you can see HDL (healthy cholesterol) had been low. It had been for years previous to what my online records show as well. Everything else was good.
I tried a few things to bring it up but never could.
After YEARS of eating what I would consider very clean 2007 -2014. Diet had consisted of lean meats brown rice, sweet potatoes veggies natty pb oatmeal egg whites etc etc etc.
Eventually, I was so sick of eating this way. I was fucking done sacrificing. I wanted ice cream, cookies, pork, fried chicken …. All the shit I loved yet sacrificed in the name of good health.
I thought ok do this for a year and see where your bloodwork goes.
It improved (2016).
Adding what we consider bad foods seemed to have brought up the HDL. Can’t explain it but you can see the proof.
I’m still eating this way (not clean) and the #,s are still what most would consider stellar.
I’ll take it but trying to make sense of how this is possible.

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
Im not surprised by that. I did almost the exact experiment for a full year. A family issue has me on low-dose statin though.
I seemed to get the same readings every single year, all was good. If I stop the statin, my total goes up to 300, HDL sky-rockets, but sadly so does LDL and Trig's.
Anyways, I basically ate Sausage for an entire year for my protein. (We made it with our Italian buddys dad, so lets just say I have a huge stock).
I ate tons of bread, cheese, pasta, home-made wine, etc. (My normal diet was the typical clean, chicken, rice salad, etc).

No change in any reading after a year on that diet. Now I eat how I want (still lots of chicken, rice, salads) but also pasta, sausage, cakes, etc.
I dont really gain fat ever (at age 56) and my bloods always are in range...

Normal folks who dont have hereditary issues with lipids, Im thinking their diet wont affect their bloodwork much. (Unless of course a sloth who eats fast-food 24x7)...

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Normal folks who dont have hereditary issues with lipids, Im thinking their diet wont affect their bloodwork much. (Unless of course a sloth who eats fast-food 24x7)...
Was thinking that too, it makes sense.
However, my father had high cholesterol and so do my brothers.
I was the only athlete in the family tho and have always stayed in shape and they NEVER have.
Will this override genetics?

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Hmm, honestly I don’t have an answer Middy, but I’m glad to see positive results over time brother.

Personally for me, I find diet is so vital. Eating mostly fish and chicken breast consistently helps improve results rather than eating a lot of red meat, fried things, etc.

Mid, did you do anything else different over the years to get better results?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
After YEARS of eating what I would consider very clean 2007 -2014. Diet had consisted of lean meats brown rice, sweet potatoes veggies natty pb oatmeal egg whites etc etc etc.
Eventually, I was so sick of eating this way. I was fucking done sacrificing. I wanted ice cream, cookies, pork, fried chicken …. All the shit I loved yet sacrificed in the name of good health.
I thought ok do this for a year and see where your bloodwork goes.
It improved (2016).
Adding what we consider bad foods seemed to have brought up the HDL. Can’t explain it but you can see the proof.
100% same experience. Another thing that I attribute my improvements in HDL/LDL ratio, is intermittent fasting.

When COVID hit, I went off the wagon completely, but still kept the IF protocol. I started eating things I NEVER ate before. Like snacking on cookies, chips ahoy, oreos. I started eating potato chips. Icecream has always been a staple for me, but I upped my intake to about 2 tubs/ week.

I was blown away when I saw my blood work improved!

This was my last blood work with lipids. This is eating fried foods at least 4-5 times a week. Chinese take out one night a week. Eat full order of fried wantons, chicken and broccoli and I eat ramens all the time. (great source of 60g of carbs when I need them). I eat 2 tubs of icecream.
I just keep a rough balance of my protein intake and fill the rest with whatever foods I feel like eating.

To add, I have heart disease on both sides of family. Most relative on meds...etc.

piZLMWU.jpg

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
Was thinking that too, it makes sense.
However, my father had high cholesterol and so do my brothers.
I was the only athlete in the family tho and have always stayed in shape and they NEVER have.
Will this override genetics?

High cholesterol and heart disease are 2 different things. Docs say everyone has high cholesterol, if they are above 200, which is laughable.
Not sure if being in shape helps either, I was a ripped 18-year old when I was at 300 total.
If youre liver makes it (too much of it) nothing but a drug will lower it.

Luck of the draw... (My father died at age 47 of heart disease (and so did others in his family). (IN their 50's / 60's).
Thats more of the familial issue I speak of, rather than just high-lipids...

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Bro, great post! I am gonna go onto mine and check what mine looked like. I have high LDL naturally. My bio dad from the little I know about him from others died at 65 and always had high cholesterol so maybe it is genetic?

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
Bro, great post! I am gonna go onto mine and check what mine looked like. I have high LDL naturally. My bio dad from the little I know about him from others died at 65 and always had high cholesterol so maybe it is genetic?

Probably, but good to get all the tests you can after age 40 IMO. Stress-Echo, Calcium, etc... If someone wants the best test, its nuclear-stress test IMO.
But its a little more to it.

They inject a dye, put you thru stress test (physically or chemically) and can see inside every valve, artery, etc...
Chemical stress-test is for those who cant exercise for whatever reason. They inject you w/ a stim to get your heart-rate up...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic