Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Healing

H

hypertrophyshakra

Dec 18, 2022
I went to the chiropractor for the first time today, it was an interesting experience. Next on my list is deep muscle tissue message. Does anyone do these things? If so how often, what are the benefits that you guys experience. Please share your thoughts.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I went to the chiropractor for the first time today, it was an interesting experience. Next on my list is deep muscle tissue message. Does anyone do these things? If so how often, what are the benefits that you guys experience. Please share your thoughts.
On bot counts you need to get the right provider. Results can range dramatically.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I have the wife do the deep sports massage. If you have a good wife/GF that's way better than an expert. Problem with an expert is they think they know more than you. The wife knows my spots and how hard or soft to go. Biggest thing with a sports/ deep tissue massage is it should hurt but not to the point you tense up, that defeats the purpose.

One other recommendation, stretch out before the wife/ GF does it, works way better.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Again, this is another individual results topic. Some people benefit greatly, while others receive none at all. You won't know until you try it yourself.

P

pincushn

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
I use to get a DTM every week or EOW when I was PL. Helped me through a lot of issues and a few injuries. I continued getting them even for BJJ.

Now I only go when something flairs up. But I dont train near as much as I use to.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Before my chiro retired I went twice a month. I went to the guy that took over and he injured me. I ended up having to get injections. I did end up going back to him after a year or so and things were fine. Now that I moved to another state my old chiro that retired lives about 35 miles away and I've gone to him a couple times, but it's just too far to go with work and stuff. I need to find another one close by I trust.

A for deep tissue sports, it could take some looking to find one that suites you. I went to several here and everyone just gives a typical massage IMO. I need someoento get inand break some serious scar tissue up. Ther eis a lady that a lot of pros use in Miami but I can't get her to come up where I am 2-1/2 hours away. When I was at the Olympia last month I scheduled an appointment at the Dragon's Lair Torture room Miguel is friggen awesome. I walked out of there red in the areas he really had to work deep on and sore, good sore though. My left quad tendon and right shoulder have been giving me fits. 3 weeks later and my quad still seems fine (haven't hit legs due to traveling and getting sick) and I can raise my right arm over my head again.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic