Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Headaches While At A Calorie Deficit

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
This is the main reason why its hard for me to stay on a restricted calorie plan. I get really bad headaches throughout the day. I have no clue why.

My current setup is like this:

2900 calories

250-270g protein

250-300g carbohydrate

65-85g fat

When I eat as much or whatever I want I don't get these types of headaches. And they don't go away, no matter how long I stay on the plan. When I did my last restricted calorie setup, it was for 12 weeks. I had a headache everyday for the whole duration.

Any ideas?? This is seriously irritating me and I'm ready to call it off. Its not worth being in pain.

BrutusMaximus

BrutusMaximus

Jul 8, 2013
Could be related to blood glucose levels or some other type of solute like sodium or potassium.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Where's you BP Turbo when this is happening?

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Could definitely be related to low blood sugar level brother.This is common for many bbr's and strength athletes running clean or restrictive diets which is often very low on sugar consumption.Too low a blood glucose level can dramatically effect this.Try have a "not so clean" snack once in a while.

You can also try tweaking your carb intake a bit.Even is this is a normal range for you,sometimes it helps to increase this a little bit and it can help with headaches as well.Try those tips out man and see how it goes.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
nope... a head like that is just going to hurt my friend!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
2900 cals and 300g carbs; I'd hate to ask where you were before the diet.

My first thought was actually a caffeine headache if you cut back on tea/soda.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I think I realized what it was guys. If I'm right, I'll post back what it was.

We'll see.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Hope it resolved for you brother.Keep us posted.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Try caffeine?

One cause of head aches is vasodilation of arteries in the head. Caffeine causes vascular constriction. Hence the use of caffeine in migraine medication.

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
Very interested in what Turbo has for an answer . I too suffer from headaches , bad . Sometimes caffeine helps and most times I know my blood sugar is low , so I'll eat like a candy bar and no more headache !!
Let me know what u come up with Turbo !!!

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg[/video]

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Hope it resolved for you brother.Keep us posted.

Try caffeine?

One cause of head aches is vasodilation of arteries in the head. Caffeine causes vascular constriction. Hence the use of caffeine in migraine medication.

Very interested in what Turbo has for an answer . I too suffer from headaches , bad . Sometimes caffeine helps and most times I know my blood sugar is low , so I'll eat like a candy bar and no more headache !!
Let me know what u come up with Turbo !!!

Caffeine does help, but I can't have caffeine anymore. Definitely works though.

So I'm pretty sure it was two things:

1. Calories were too low, even for a deficit\

2. Like What FIST suggested, and Torres, is to have something with sugar in it that is not so clean every now and then.

So I'm going to try these two ideas, and put them to the test and see how it works.

Thank you all for chiming in with your replies.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic