HCM issues

Discussion in 'Injury Recovery & Prevention' started by LITTLEMAGS, Sep 26, 2017.

1. LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS VIP Member

Nov 1, 2010
    FYI...as some of you know...I have Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy....and take meds to control blood pressure. I have been dieting and getting ready to compete for the last 20 weeks and last week during my squatting session I collapsed and had to be rushed back to hospital. I seemed to have a spike in blood pressure (due to supps) with combo of intense training caused me to have another episode.

I have to go back and do a couple more echo's and explain again to my Dr...why I doing a show again when she pretty much said for me to stop it...but anyways....Just letting everyone know...I am back and will catch up with everyone this week.

Mags

2. Lizard King

Lizard King Administrator Staff Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Scary shit dude, what is your explanation btw, it may be a good learning lesson for me for when I do something my wife tells me not to ;)

3. rawdeal

rawdeal TID Board Of Directors

Nov 29, 2013
    This. Only a few of us feel a need to explain things to LK's wife, but maybe more than a few will be interested in "Dealing With Your Doctor 101A."

Meanwhile, best wishes on straddling the 2 goals of staying healthy AND being the best you can be on the stage or platform.

4. Rider

Rider TID Board Of Directors

Aug 27, 2010
    Has anyone heard from LM? Hope he is doing okay.

5. Rider

Rider TID Board Of Directors

Aug 27, 2010
    Bump, to the top!

6. ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF VIP Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Bump again!!!

7. jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7 TID Board Of Directors

Jan 18, 2011
    Where is our dude at? I hope he is well

8. Lizard King

Lizard King Administrator Staff Member

Sep 9, 2010
  9. LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS VIP Member

Nov 1, 2010
    back to work...doing better and had another echo and dr said my heart is enlarged more than previous visit. 11 mm on left side wall. could be a candidate for a pace maker BUT she wants to see me again in 6 weeks after they change my meds. I have to a few consults with others and have to change a few things...
    she said I need to eliminate stress...lol ok...sure

10. jhotsauce7

Jan 18, 2011
    Good to hear you are doing alright brother... did you stop your show prep or make some health-promoting tweaks to your protocol and training ?

11. LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS VIP Member

Nov 1, 2010
    At this time...no show prep.

12. jhotsauce7

Jan 18, 2011
    better safe than sorry as much as that is a kick in the cojones, after all that hard work