Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

HCG protocol for TRT patient

Jackson90

Jackson90

Jul 14, 2012
I posted on here a few months ago talking about my low test levels/hypogonadism issues. My first appointment was at my family doc who put me on 200mg of Watson cyp once a month but I really wasn't for the TRT I wanted to try to get myself going naturally again(although I did accept the 7$ bottle of cyp) so he then sent me to an endo who is giving me the run around and taking my money more than anything. I told him about my aas usage but he still wants to do the whole ruling out process. I've already spent 1300 out of pocket on a brain mri to make sure I didn't have a tumor on my pituitary gland. Although I already knew I didn't.. Like I said he is wanting to rule everything out when I feel like he should have an idea what the problem is since he knows I used steroids. I've also been to a urologist who was no help. I've never taken hcg before and know very little about it. I've found some HCG/clomid/nolvadex protocols that seem to sound good but I would want to make sure that I'm not over doing it. I'm thinking I may need a little more of an advanced pct because it's been over a year since I've taken any type of aas and my levels are still very low. My total test was 120 at my family doc and retested at my endo and it was 200. The protocol I'm looking at now is around 4,000iu every week for 3 weeks and 100mg clomid and 20mg nolvadex for six weeks. Sounds like a lot. Like I said, I'm new to HCG and just trying to get myself straightened out a little. TRT might be my only option but I would like to atleast give HCG a shot before I get on permanent TRT. I'm 24 years old by the way.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Personally that's too much Hcg and the timing is all wrong. Per some docs that advocate restart techniques, I have found the most sensible to be 3k iu every 3 days for 9-12 days, then clomid 100/75/75/50/50/25 daily dose per weeks 1-6 and Nolva and 40/40/20/20/20/20

I had to get the mri done as well prior to spending months on clomid and arimidex trying to restart. This is common practice to try and diagnose any possible growth abnormalities on the pituitary and also to help diagnose primary or secondary hypogonadism. I got test levels up from 46 to 210 but ultimately had to start TRT, as it didn't appear to be improving past there after quite a few months ...

200 a month is not a smart dose at all... Weekly shots would be best even if it were 50mg weekly to start and then see where blood labs have you. Also make sure you are getting your blood labs done at approximately the same time every morning you go for blood work. The accepted time for test labs is prior to 9 am usually, as the levels fluctuate throughout the day

Jackson90

Jackson90

Jul 14, 2012
Personally that's too much Hcg and the timing is all wrong. Per some docs that advocate restart techniques, I have found the most sensible to be 3k iu every 3 days for 9-12 days, then clomid 100/75/75/50/50/25 daily dose per weeks 1-6 and Nolva and 40/40/20/20/20/20

I had to get the mri done as well prior to spending months on clomid and arimidex trying to restart. This is common practice to try and diagnose any possible growth abnormalities on the pituitary and also to help diagnose primary or secondary hypogonadism. I got test levels up from 46 to 210 but ultimately had to start TRT, as it didn't appear to be improving past there after quite a few months ...

200 a month is not a smart dose at all... Weekly shots would be best even if it were 50mg weekly to start and then see where blood labs have you. Also make sure you are getting your blood labs done at approximately the same time every morning you go for blood work. The accepted time for test labs is prior to 9 am usually, as the levels fluctuate throughout the day

The actual protocol I came up with was 1,500 IUs HCG 3x/wk (mon/wed/fri) in combination with 100 mgs Clomid ED and 20 mgs Nolvadex ED for the first 3 weeks. After, discontinue HCG and continue with 50 mgs Clomid ED and 20 mgs Nolvadex ED for an additional 3 weeks.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
No use the hcg first, and space doses every 3 days for it to work optimally.

Jackson90

Jackson90

Jul 14, 2012
No use the hcg first, and space doses every 3 days for it to work optimally.

If you don't mind me asking, did your doctor ever prescribe you anything besides the TRT to help you? Because mine doesn't seem like he is going to prescribe me anything along the lines of clomid or HCG.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Mine wouldn't even prescribe hcg. Only clomid and arimidex. I did the hcg on my own when I wasn't making progress. The hcg did raise my FSH and lh and greatly improved my sperm count but my test was still low 4 weeks subsequent to that

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Also he did give me a script to bank sperm Since I am only 30 and trt may make me sterile Etc

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic