Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

HCG: during cycle and PCT?

J

jixer08

Jul 14, 2014
I have heard three different strategies about HCG.

One is that HCG should be taken at 250iu twice a week starting week 5 of the cycle. And then take it end of cycle for three weeks before starting PCT.

The other info was that DONT take HCG during cycle, just take it with PCT.

The last info was to take HCG during cycle and stop completely before starting PCT.

What are your thoughts about this?

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I'm a lifer...I shoot 5,000iu 1x/wk IM. Back when I cycled and ordered gear on AOL...I shot 250iu 2x/wk SubQ during cycle and tapered that to zero during first two wks of PCT.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Hcg makes a big difference when it comes to pct recovery. Don’t run in during pct though. The first method you describe works well if your cycle is a traditional 10-12 week cycle.

J

jixer08

Jul 14, 2014
I'm running a 16 week cycle and was thinking of running HCG as follows:
Starting wk5 250iu twice a week
Wk17- 250iu twice a week
Wk18- 250iu EOD
Wk19- 500iu EOD
Then stop HCG and start PCT

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
The way I understand it, HCG helps prevent parts of your body from shutting down Testosterone.

During most of a cycle, that isn't important because your body is still producing it. If it's a long cycle where you are putting your balls in danger, try adding 250iu of HCG twice a week.

I've heard conflicting reports on what to do at the end of a cycle. One said to continue HCG while the steroids wear off. Another said that HCG should be considered part of your steroid cycle. Yet another said to be completely off of HCG before starting PCT. See? There is no way to do all 3.

The point I got out of it was that HCG was beneficial if you are on a long cycle that puts your body in danger.

My solution? Don't stay jacked that long. Come off a little sooner, let the steroid testosterone levels start to fall, start your PCT, then start your "OFF Cycle" after taking your last Clomid/Nolvadex. If you are on steroids for 10 weeks, take 2 weeks off, then run 2 weeks of PCT, that equates to a 14 week cycle for your body. So, take 14 weeks off before hitting it again.

That's how I see it.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I'm running a 16 week cycle and was thinking of running HCG as follows:
Starting wk5 250iu twice a week
Wk17- 250iu twice a week
Wk18- 250iu EOD
Wk19- 500iu EOD
Then stop HCG and start PCT
So a three week drawdown after your last pin of AAS and then wk20 is wk1 of pct? Just making sure I understand.
I did fine with 2x/wk. Any particular reason why you increase to EOD and later to 500iu?

J

jixer08

Jul 14, 2014
So a three week drawdown after your last pin of AAS and then wk20 is wk1 of pct? Just making sure I understand.
I did fine with 2x/wk. Any particular reason why you increase to EOD and later to 500iu?

Yes wk20 would be wk1 if PCT.
I was doing some research and had someone tell me that 500iu EOD it would give my system a jolt to get right before starting PCT.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I'm a lifer...I shoot 5,000iu 1x/wk IM. Back when I cycled and ordered gear on AOL...I shot 250iu 2x/wk SubQ during cycle and tapered that to zero during first two wks of PCT.

I just want to clarify '5000' iu's? Did you mean to say 500?

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I just want to clarify '5000' iu's? Did you mean to say 500?
5,000...two of three kiddos from that method. I only do it when wifey wants a baby. Bout to go again.

Reactions: CFM
HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
5,000...two of three kiddos from that method. I only do it when wifey wants a baby. Bout to go again.
I used to run it 2x a week during cycles but I too used to it to get wifey pregnant and it worked like a charm. And that's after a fertility clinic told me I had a slim to none chance of ever having kids again

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
This is the best overall advice on HCG usage that I've used and had great results from.
Listen: Any advice from Rich Piana is a truckload of shit.
His advice on HCG is...well, he's dead now, so obviously, he didn't have the common sense to even stay alive.
Best HCG protocol here:
The TOP 3 biggest bullshitters of all time on the internet of Bodybuilding are:
DoggCrapp,
The current GH15 (not the original guy) and
probably the worst of all is Rich Piana.
All of which you will notice never was successful in BB competitions but talked like they knew all the secrets...LOL

Last edited:
DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Good video.

Rich Piana had charisma (and huge arms), but maybe not smarts so much. He lived large. His stuff is entertaining, but I don't think anyone should want to copy his life.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic