HCG cycle time

Discussion in 'Testosterone Replacement therapy (TRT)' started by 916stang, Jul 18, 2017.

1. 916stang

916stang Member

May 24, 2012
    Not sure where the disconnect is but I recently heard you don't run HCG more than 4-6 weeks during a cycle
    This is the first time I am hearing this and I know people run HCG much longer than that if not year round. Why am I being told HCG abuse is real and people use HCG far longer than they should. Is this bunk science?

Some things about me
    Currently on HRT
    Adding in HCG and a little bit of AI
    I'm being told to not run HCG more than 6 weeks at the most and take a break from it than hop on HCG again

2. uphillclimb

uphillclimb TID Board Of Directors

Dec 9, 2011
    I'm taking some HCG now while on a cruise dose of a couple things just to stay tight for the summer and I plan on staying on HCG until mid september which (500iu/week) will be about 10 weeks. Don't have the time for a full blast at the moment and I like my boys nice and full.

Also, I'm not a scientist, but I've never heard of 4-6 weeks limits but maybe others can chime in. @Mike_RN what are your thoughts?

Mike_RN likes this.
  3. DaSarge

DaSarge VIP Member

Nov 20, 2014
    I believe Swale (excelmale.com) recommends staying on HCG year 'round @ 500mcgs. twice/week for guys on TRT.

kid666 likes this.
  4. Mike_RN

Mike_RN Senior Moderators Staff Member

Aug 13, 2013
    There is a diminished return and you can desensitize your HPTA if HCG is abused. I knew Aussies back in the day who used it as a testosterone base (gear was tough to come by there). I don't think 500iu once per week would be enough to cause trouble. By the same token doing 1500iu every 3 days could lead to trouble recovering down the line.

DaSarge likes this.
  5. DaSarge

DaSarge VIP Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Good info Mike.
    I personally like to run a couple HCG cycles per year.
    Can definitely notice the difference when I do them, but don't really feel the need to do it more than that.
    Thanks for your input...

6. DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller MuscleHead

Mar 21, 2017
    Do you do 500 mcgs twice/week?

7. DaSarge

DaSarge VIP Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Yep.
    The first time I used it my nuts were pretty shrunken up so I used 3000mcgs the first week (two 1500mcgs three days apart), and then switched over to 500mcgs twice/week for about 4 weeks (went through two 5000mcgs kits). Since then I just use 500mcgs twice/week to keep the boys in shape.
    The stuff works amazingly well IMHO...

uphillclimb, DungeonDweller and 5.0 like this.
  8. uphillclimb

uphillclimb TID Board Of Directors

Dec 9, 2011
    yup - that's about right ^^^^

9. prime

prime TID Board Of Directors

Dec 31, 2011
    I have been on TRT for a little over ten years. I do hcg occasionally but I never feel any effects from it. Maybe I should do a large amount first week to stimulate them. 500iu 2x a week doesn't seem to start them up for me.

Gregger likes this.
  10. DaSarge

DaSarge VIP Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Probably not a bad idea. You might need to "shock" them the first time. After I did that initially, I now notice a difference almost immediately using the lower dosages. Just get two kits (or one 10,000iu) and blast them boys...:)...

DungeonDweller likes this.