Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Hawkeye Going Predator (Cube) on Your Ass!!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Just curious, are you going to school in person or online?

Online right now. It sucks. I personally, have to do it because of work and family. I would be considered a non-traditional student and it would be tough for me with my current job to go. Although, I graduate in May with my Associates degree and will have to actually go to night classes in May. Many think online is the way to go and it's easy. I disagree. Professors are hard to get a hold of, no lectures just lots of reading and power points. You miss out on a lot of intangibles a classroom offers. Convenient yes.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Yo!!! I did the Destroy and Flood program in 2012. Got the template from Gaz's site and had JB, POB and Halo critiquing/yelling/motivating the whole time. It's brutal as fuxk. I logged that bad boy too... I shake my head looking at what I did. No clue what it would be like now - I was a super-newbie then.

Best of luck my dude! DOMS for months.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Online right now. It sucks. I personally, have to do it because of work and family. I would be considered a non-traditional student and it would be tough for me with my current job to go. Although, I graduate in May with my Associates degree and will have to actually go to night classes in May. Many think online is the way to go and it's easy. I disagree. Professors are hard to get a hold of, no lectures just lots of reading and power points. You miss out on a lot of intangibles a classroom offers. Convenient yes.

That's interesting. I had many tell me to go that route but I just can't. I need the interaction with other students and the face time with the professor. But I'll have to juggle married life, work, and training all the while driving to school, making time for the classes, and studying. It's not going to be easy but nothing worth doing ever is.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Yo!!! I did the Destroy and Flood program in 2012. Got the template from Gaz's site and had JB, POB and Halo critiquing/yelling/motivating the whole time. It's brutal as fuxk. I logged that bad boy too... I shake my head looking at what I did. No clue what it would be like now - I was a super-newbie then.

This sounds awesome. When I saw the layout before, it confused me a bit. I'd love to do it as well. I said I was going to a while back but never got started on it. Sounds like a good program to run with some tren :)

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011

Yup good ol' Gaz. I found it on Halo's site (the link). I think I have the gist of it. I think it will be a nice change. Supersets will kick my ass but it will be a new challenge.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
That's interesting. I had many tell me to go that route but I just can't. I need the interaction with other students and the face time with the professor. But I'll have to juggle married life, work, and training all the while driving to school, making time for the classes, and studying. It's not going to be easy but nothing worth doing ever is.

BI, I would definitely tend to agree with you. I have done all my Associates online. While the convenience of working from home or downtime at work is good for studying and etc., I would probably agree that not having the face to face and discussion time and interaction with class or professor is really tough and it seems like it's bitch to get a hold of your professor if you need help or have a question. I do better with the hands on learning where I can focus more. I will graduate with honors and all the BS, but it's a lot of work and just like training, lots of self-discipline. I will be glad actually when I graduate and get to actually attend classes in May.

As for you, I am highly confident that you will manage your time and get a structured schedule to juggle all of the above and do well. Just keep your eye on the prize. That's what I keep telling myself. LOL.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I thought online classes were more difficult too.

The tests were hard, and it was a fast moving pace.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I thought online classes were more difficult too.

The tests were hard, and it was a fast moving pace.

You got it, Turbo. It is. And I am taking a class over the holiday break (Winterm) and it's condensed into 3 weeks. I read 15 chapters the first week! Quizzes almost daily and a big Midterm and Final. And to top it all off, it's and Appreciation of Art class. UGH!!
The biggest thing is I liken the analogy of getting a treadmill at home or home gym. The average Joe says he/she is going to train at home and it will save time, no gym fees and blah blah blah. But you have to motivate yourself and really keep your nose to the grindstone because if you get behind, your screwed.
In all honesty online courses are a way to make money for the university or community college, but in reality, online courses get dropped way more than actual classroom classes because they know people will fall behind. They are still getting at least part of your tuition even if you drop.
If someone was considering it, I would take one class to start off to acclimate yourself or maybe even do half and half if you could. From experience, I would much prefer an interactive classroom any day over online. As previously stated so many more intangibles that are beneficial to you.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
The thing the confuses me some about the destroy and flood is this. Say your last set you got the 5 reps on the heavy compound an felt you could perform another 5 with that weight on the next set. But you get 3 reps into it and can't finish the other two. You drop the weight, but do you finish out the extra two with the Lowe weight to complete the failed set of 5, count the 3 reps you did get as that set, or rest after 3 with that weight and try to bang out 2 more to finish the set with the same weight?

I hope that made sense. This is why I haven't started it before. It really confuses me. I'd love to start this program. Maybe even today

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Good question. That might be something one of the guys who have did it could say. I have reached out to Halo, JB and Flathead aka The Neck...JB texted me back but he was going to try to find the routine. I have yet to talk with him. He might have been busy. I would say that most routines don't want you missing reps, but if it was your last set, not sure how you approach it. In the grand scheme of things you are supersetting so my question would be do I do another set with the accessory lift too? I would say, you do what you can and stay within the routine.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Good question. That might be something one of the guys who have did it could say. I have reached out to Halo, JB and Flathead aka The Neck...JB texted me back but he was going to try to find the routine. I have yet to talk with him. He might have been busy. I would say that most routines don't want you missing reps, but if it was your last set, not sure how you approach it. In the grand scheme of things you are supersetting so my question would be do I do another set with the accessory lift too? I would say, you do what you can and stay within the routine.

Yeah it's definitely a little tricky. The outlines of the program I've read aren't extremely detailed, and I actually like that. However, when questions like these come about, the detail would be nice. A lot of my training has been based off of training both fibers simultaneously and flooding them after heavy sets but have never done it the way this program does and I love it. Absolutely love it, I'm gonna try to get all my questions answered and get on it. JB was the one that turned me on to it a few months back. Haven't seen him around lately.

Bull mentioned that he thought it may be a 3 day a week program. I wasn't sure of that either. I guess if it is, I'll cardio it up and do some calisthenics on rest days.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
According to the routine it is 3 days a week. I tried it tonite not sure if I did it right or not.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic