Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

Has this ever happened to you

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
My setup is kinda wacky I tap my toes the whole time I'm pressing probably getting no leg drive and I can't arch because of how I break it .

Yeah you need to plant your feet and not move them. Can't get leg drive if their dancing around. Now, I don't press as much as you but we all want you to reach your potential and to do that you're technique/set up needs to be perfect to put you in the best starting position to press.

Arch isn't a must. You can work on it though if you don't have any back injuries.

If you're giving yourself a lift off, I'm going to wager you're losing your tightness. Get someone to give you a lift off.

I'd talk to Hawk and have him help ya... he's a great guy and can help your bench reach new heights.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I just watched the vid! You gotta luv it when I freak like you comes outta nowhere and would like to be on our board!!

There's incredible people here.

Do what BI says above and hawk has already responded in this thread so don't miss the opportunities here!

Seize them!!!

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
Yeah I'm not real worried about the arch but I know the feet are holding me back I have no injuries whatsoever so that's not an issue an yeah I break it myself which I need to fix too its part ego an part it throws me off when someone breaks it for me it feels like they drop the weight on me . Plus I just like ripping it out of the rack lol

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Yeah I'm not real worried about the arch but I know the feet are holding me back I have no injuries whatsoever so that's not an issue an yeah I break it myself which I need to fix too its part ego an part it throws me off when someone breaks it for me it feels like they drop the weight on me . Plus I just like ripping it out of the rack lol

POB, Hawkeye BrotherIron and PorkyLittleKeg are the ones you should be religiously listening to....I think some of us are excited to see what you can do because your form isn't tip top....yet you're just that fukking strong.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I just watched the vid! You gotta luv it when I freak like you comes outta nowhere and would like to be on our board!!

There's incredible people here.

Do what BI says above and hawk has already responded in this thread so don't miss the opportunities here!

Seize them!!!
Bullmuscle7 you calling someone a freak is like the pot calling the kettle black. Big fukker!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Glad to see you came around. Like I said, there are some guys with some great knowledge. I'm a smaller guy (200lbs-ish) and Brother Iron helped me with my bench setup. I had basically been stuck for a long time going nowhere. Within a month I was able to jump from 405 to hitting a lifetime PB of 420 in a comp.

Cant wait to see what you could do!

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
I'm like 266 right now I'm eating my ass off tho lookin for 285 ish

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Holy hell man double your bw for a bench! What do you pull/squat?

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
I've got low 7s on deads 665 on squats . Haven't dead lifted in awhile tho been mostly focusing on bench cuz of my work schedule only allowing me to get to the gym a couple times a week

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I've got low 7s on deads 665 on squats . Haven't dead lifted in awhile tho been mostly focusing on bench cuz of my work schedule only allowing me to get to the gym a couple times a week

Looks like with some coaching, you're capable of adding 100lbs or so on your total dude.

I struggle with the life balance and getting in the gym too....constant battle.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
If I was squating that I would want a video. Looking for a video in the near future brother. Congrats

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic