Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Has anyone seen the physique girls for the USA?

red rocket

red rocket

Feb 17, 2011
From what I am seeing in the WPD, is that they are slowly getting bigger, and harder. Its only been out 2 years now (in Canada anyway) and the girls that come in where they designed the sport to be are being edged out slowly by the bigger harder girls.

Again subjectivity comes into play here with each and every show, so my advice is to bring YOUR best and see where it lands you.

I have also noticed that the females doing the Canada's and the girls doing the North America's are placing a lot differently at each show. At the North America's they seem to like a smaller smoother physique in all of the womens categories. So maybe the judges leading upto this need to come together to define and outline exactly what they want.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
From what I am seeing in the WPD, is that they are slowly getting bigger, and harder. Its only been out 2 years now (in Canada anyway) and the girls that come in where they designed the sport to be are being edged out slowly by the bigger harder girls.

Again subjectivity comes into play here with each and every show, so my advice is to bring YOUR best and see where it lands you.

I have also noticed that the females doing the Canada's and the girls doing the North America's are placing a lot differently at each show. At the North America's they seem to like a smaller smoother physique in all of the womens categories. So maybe the judges leading upto this need to come together to define and outline exactly what they want.

Also agree. The Canadian girls have always been harder & bigger. Thinking of Melody Spetko for example, who got her pro card at the North Americans (I thinK?)

But I do agree - where they started w/ WPD, IMO they were so busy being NOT FBB, that they were rewarding more like "Figure 2 weeks out". The figure girls were bigger and harder. I like where its trending. I do think Juliana Malacarne sets the bar for it - but just like finding someone w/ a physique that beats Iris Kyle - it just ain't gonna happen. They are both genetically gifted beyond everyone else. But the trend other than Juliana is for longer, leaner muscle, but now starting to look at the girls w/ more mass. I *really* don't want to see it continue to trend towards bigger but rather set the bar & hold it. We're already seeing a huge trend in bikini & figure girls juicing more for it - ya GOTTA step away from the "season" mind set and take a few years off to build a muscular physique. THe drugs aren't going to do the heavy lifting for you.

https://www.theironden.com/ifbb-pro-bodybuilder-ms-olympia-iris-kyle/

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Sassy....WOOF! I'm watching the NPC 2011 WPD and barfing, who taught these bitches to pose?!?!? Jesus they should be embarrassed!

Thank GOD I'm starting Sat.

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
Always hated womens look in all comps

I love thick ass, tiny waist, flat stomach Latinas like carol seleme tho

My opinion doesn't count for what looks good for a figure competitor then LOL

Imagine if she stood on stage next to competitor
ncppRDd4Tlw.jpg

Yeaaa budddyyyy

Ignore me, got off on a tangent :D

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
Sassy....WOOF! I'm watching the NPC 2011 WPD and barfing, who taught these bitches to pose?!?!? Jesus they should be embarrassed!

Thank GOD I'm starting Sat.

LOL show em how it's done!

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
It is really variable right now, for the NPC the guidelines they post aren't necessarily what the judges base their decisions off of LOL (that happens in other orgs too). Here is a link to the NPC basics: http://npcnewsonline.com/npc-womens-physique-rules-regulations/ but again, it is totally up to the judges how they make those calls. For instance, the overall figure winner was also the overall physique winner last year in multiple shows....how the heck that happens is beyond me, but it does.

I talked to Kevin Noble himself after this shit happened at my wife's last show. Same girl wins Figure plus the overall and then beats my wife in the physique class and takes overall in that too. Kevin said because the class is still relatively new, even the judges don't know or can't agree on what to look for. He said it took them 3 years to figure out what they were looking for inFigure and Bikini when it first came out. My wife spoke to one of the judges of the show that night and he said she would have done better in the bodybuilding class as she was to shredded. But if you look at the pro shows the women are totally ripped, they just aren't as big as they were before. That's one of my biggest issues with the NPC and always has been. Their inconsistent judging.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
So I'm agreeing with this bullshit THEN my fearless leader tells me today that I'm competing in both categories because he's not sure where I'll come out.

Bollocks.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
This is nothing new for the women. These categories are trying to balance the whole thing about femininity and muscle. I think its important to keep the long view and not get hung up on each competition. This is sad despite all the work, time and money that goes into prepping for a show. Figure girls have been getting mixed messages on "the look" they should have for more than 10 years now. Since Physique is not that far off from Figure (or at the regional level, frequently interchangeable), its just going to be like that for a while. Many of the Pro Physique girls still look pretty Figure-ish to me. And some of the Pro Figure girls are starting to look a bit jacked. But its just always going to be like that. Additionally, the look that sells at the pro level doesn't work well at the amateur level - so you definitely have to watch how conditioned you get - if you're too ripped, you might want to shit load the night before the show to smooth out or something. The "look" on stage day matters a lot and its really a very fine line. Most of the Physique girls I see are Figure or Bikini girls who just don't have the necessary muscle maturity so they come in softer on the bottom or too small on top. Those who come in ripped - frequently they were already ectomorph Figure girls, may have to pay attention to coming in to lean or peeled. But at least that can be adjusted easier than if you come in too fat w/ some last minute carb manipulation or whatever works to smooth you out a little more.

So end of the day - bring the package that you are proud of. At the regional level you have the chance to compete in two different categories to see where you fit best. BUt as the judges will always say, all they can do is judge the best package on stage, with their various subjective interpretations of what each category "should" look like. Its a game to a degree. There are lots of competitors who have put in huge time doing shows year after year getting different input each year / from different judges, etc. Its sort of part of the game, showing improvement, etc. But the best you can do is be the best YOU can be.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I still don't know why they have a bikini comp honestly just baffles me.i personally prefer the physic girls over the figure but that's me I prefer women with muscles.i remember talking to lee priest about women's competition and some of the dubious decision and lee mentioned some of the women who where not part of team bomb shell got screwed or weren't affiliated with the mansions were screwed over.nigrani wins the bikini mrs o.please the only reason she won is because manion grand son is banging her.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I still don't know why they have a bikini comp honestly just baffles me.i personally prefer the physic girls over the figure but that's me I prefer women with muscles.i remember talking to lee priest about women's competition and some of the dubious decision and lee mentioned some of the women who where not part of team bomb shell got screwed or weren't affiliated with the mansions were screwed over.nigrani wins the bikini mrs o.please the only reason she won is because manion grand son is banging her.

1) Bikini is more readily accessible to competitors.
2) Bikini brings in a huge number of competitors & their families
3) Bikini brings in more federation dues & entry fees.

In other words competition doesn't exist to show the best muscle physiques. It exists to generate revenue.

Bikini = cash cow.
Men's Physique = cash cow
Women's physique = sorta cash cow - you do have to spend some time buidling the muscles, not just do a prep
Figure = cash cow
Mens BB = traditional cash cow, but you gotta work to get to the stage - this is what the whole concept of a competition is based one - but that is obviously changing
Women's BB = on its way out - represents the tradition of the sport, but not much else

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I can't remember where I read this but supposedly womens BB won't exist in the near future. Sassy is right, it's all about the money. It's my understanding that the NPC now has more registered bikini competitors than any other class.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic