Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Has anyone had a Subacrommial Decompression surgery? How was recovery?

T

Tony Delk

Sep 15, 2010
I just went through the Subacrommial Decompression surgery (I can't spell it) on Thursday. Has anyone else had this procedure? How was the recovery?
I haven't been able to bench press since August of 2014. I'm hoping in a few months I can bench again.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Not personally but someone I knew did and he asked me to research it.

It's not a really invasive procedure. But a ligament was severed. I wouldn't bench or overhead press for a few months after this.

You need to find a good physio to get you back full use of the shoulder. You should be seeing that physio sometime before december. Sooner is better. Let's say two weeks of rest. But get the appointment made.

When do you have the follow up with the surgeon?

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Is this due to weight lifters shoulder? Also called osteolysis? If so I did it just before thanksgiving due to the cavity being closed. I had 5-6mm of bone removed, started feeling great one week after surgery. Started PT abd noticed swelling in the surgery sites. I'm writing this from the hospital as 2 rounds of of antibiotics was not sufficient to get rid of the infection. The infection was painful as hell as well. The surgery was easy, the block was weird, first I had, but saved a ton of pain. I went through this surgery without the block, yeah, it sucks, but they are doing well with pain management.
It's an easy procedure, good luck!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic