Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Has anybody read this crazy shit?

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
I see a place to buy honey, am I missing something?

google HYMN cycle...it's a honey, insulin, melatonin cycle! Its on that honey website, but just google it...its a crazy read!

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Thats an interesting read. We keep bees here and I constantly learning new things about honey, pollen, and the benefits.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Ok guys...I've got a better link for this... The Hibernation® Diet - Raw Paleo Forum The HYMN Cycle theory goes something like this: 2oz of raw honey right b-4 bed promotes insulin response and basically refuels the liver. Slow wave sleep is activated from this, and this, in turn triggers tryptopan release into brain where there it converts to seratonin and then one more conversion into melatonin. Melatonin then contributes to the "recovery cascade" via Growth Hormone release from pituitary, the cascade continues via insulin growth factors. Sorry my 1st post had a crappy link.... So...what are some thoughts? Seems like maybe this is just a standard sleep recovery process that someone added eating honey to and gave it a fancy name!

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I have been eating 2 big tbs of honey with 400gr of yoghurt before bedtime for the past couple years and it seems to work wonders, gain wise.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Good find bigrobbie, may give that a try.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic