Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Hand Pain on Bench

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I broke my right hand 10 years ago and usually don't have any probs with it except lately on heavy bench. I broke the 3rd, 4th, and 5th metacarpals which are the bones that span from your knuckles to your wrist, specifically the ones at the middle, ring and pinkie fingers. When I lift off, I get a searing pain in the outer half of my palm. The pain is pretty rediculous, but my concern is re-breaking my hand with 400 pounds hovering over my face. Any thoughts, ideas, experience with this?

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I have had some issues with the palm of my hand I dont think its as much a bone issue as its the muscles in your hand so much, but I would like to hear other peoples input here, mine on occasion has gotten me in regular life daily tasks, just grabing something slightly the wrong way and ouch!

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
When you push, is the bar resting in your palm, or directly over your wrist?

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
When you push, is the bar resting in your palm, or directly over your wrist?

I try to make sure that the bar is directly over the wrist, but I will pay closer attention to it when I do mil press on thurs.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Have you tried wrist wraps? I really dont know if they would help or not.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Have you tried wrist wraps? I really dont know if they would help or not.
I guess I should've metinoned that I wear Enzer's black and red wrist wraps when I press anything I consider heavy. I have permanent damage in my right wrist from my little accident.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
I broke my right hand 10 years ago and usually don't have any probs with it except lately on heavy bench. I broke the 3rd, 4th, and 5th metacarpals which are the bones that span from your knuckles to your wrist, specifically the ones at the middle, ring and pinkie fingers. When I lift off, I get a searing pain in the outer half of my palm. The pain is pretty rediculous, but my concern is re-breaking my hand with 400 pounds hovering over my face. Any thoughts, ideas, experience with this?

how long has been happening?....dw

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Started about three weeks ago...I have been pre-exhausting with flys so I only have to go up to 315 on bench, saves my joints. Anyway, took the bar off and no pop or anything...it just felt like my hand exploded. I have been just dealing with it til last nite. Went to change my routine back to heavy bench and pain got worse as weigh went up. At 385 I called it quits cuz I didn't have a trusted spotter with me and was afraid I might drop it.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
i know i had the same thing about 2 months ago ...the plam of my hand ...anytime that bar would rest on it ..it would hurt like fucking hell.funny thing is that i worked my way threw my bench and the pain went away a few days after.Like i broke it in or something....then i realized that the day before i was laying a wood floor and swinging a rubber mallet to get the buts of the wood together is what caused it...it was more like a sprain....Maybe mayo u sprain it somehow and it will work its way out...If u think about it ..It just started right?Well,if thats the cause something u did is what caused it in the first palce...Just keep working it bro...it will work it way out sooner of later...

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Good call DW. I work with my hands and never thought about what I do during the day having little random effects like that.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Is the pain an intense burning sensation and does the area tingle or feel numb afterwards? If so, then you might have some nerve damage in the area. I've had this happen to me. I got over it by deloading for two weeks.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
It could be tendonitis also. Ice/stretching helps but rest works best. Try deloading it for a bit.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic