Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Hamstring help

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
I am looking for some insight and thoughts. I have been bothered with hamstring discomfort that is believed to have been provoked by HIIT.
The major discomfort is in my glutes when seated for extended periods. When standin, the discomfort is around the glute/ hamstring and knee hamstring area but the more pronounced discomfort is when seated.
I went to the doc thinking that it may be a nerve or back issue. He told me it was the tendons on the connection to the hamstring.
I noticed that seated leg of xtensions seems to bother it more as well as seated calf raises.
Anybody know what this is.? I Dr. Recommended that I stop everything that causes the discomfort for 6-8 weeks. I did take it easy for a couple of days and it did improve.
Unfortunately, I am competing in 3 weeks and leaving out cardio and not training hamstrings is not an option. I think that I have found the right intensity to minimize the discomfort and still prepare for the show.

K

kodylk08

May 29, 2013
Did the condition ever improve? I had a similar issue and it ended up just being a very tight glute medius. This was causing me pain down my hamstrings and sometimes the pain radiated all of the way down my calves.

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
Did the condition ever improve? I had a similar issue and it ended up just being a very tight glute medius. This was causing me pain down my hamstrings and sometimes the pain radiated all of the way down my calves.
I still have the issue but I am not letting them get the rest that O should. I will compete on Saturday, so I will try letting them rest and see the results.

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
Sounds like it could be your sciatic nerve. I suffer with this mainly when I'm sitting for too long. Pains in my glutes and runs down along side my outer thigh/hamstrings. My sciatica does not like long road trips. I always have to switch sitting on each butt cheeks.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic