Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Hamstring help.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
My Hamms are very tight and prone to cramping. They will pull at the slightest run or cramp if I flex them. This is a slight advantage in training, I can GHR like a champ, but a curse in the rest of life. Static stretching clearly isn't enough.
I finish EVER hamstring workout with stiff legged deadlifts. Works the kinks right out. Plus I stretch my whole workout and after.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
Mob work will help, but people with perpetually tight hams typically have over active hip flexors. This leads to an anterior pelvic tilt that keeps the hams extended and tight.

Also, since you mentioned calves, ankle mobility issues also lead to an anteriorly rotated hip, and that also keeps those hams tight.

It's a given that you should do the mob work, but a long term solution is to strengthen the glutes to correct the imbalance.

N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
Mob work will help, but people with perpetually tight hams typically have over active hip flexors. This leads to an anterior pelvic tilt that keeps the hams extended and tight.

Also, since you mentioned calves, ankle mobility issues also lead to an anteriorly rotated hip, and that also keeps those hams tight.

It's a given that you should do the mob work, but a long term solution is to strengthen the glutes to correct the imbalance.

YES! Quads too are also shortened & tightened contributing to APT. It's a result of how much sitting we do in today's society. The sitting also will basically deactivate the glutes.

Stretch & foam roll/percussion massager on the hip flexors & quads. Glute activation exercises, as well as strengthening the entirety of the posterior chain like Joliver mentioned.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
IMO,
Stretching is the key to good overall body development and helps minimize injures. The more you stretch, the more room the muscle has to grow.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic