Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Hamstring help.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
My Hamms are very tight and prone to cramping. They will pull at the slightest run or cramp if I flex them. This is a slight advantage in training, I can GHR like a champ, but a curse in the rest of life. Static stretching clearly isn't enough.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Did you try foam rolling before your workout? That helps me ALOT

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
SLDL after deadlifts to give it a healthy stretch!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Yes, I tried foam rolling, but I will do more. They are so sensitive that I have to use the softest roll. Maybe if I tag @pillarofballance or is it #pillarofbalance he will come by and loosen them up.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Best way to get thru it and get them a little longer is to use bands to assist in the stretch. This is me working with one of our female PL. Wrap voodoo floss around the upper thigh to pin down the origin. Then choke the band off on something heavy around knee height. Loop the band around the front of the thigh. Step into the tension. With your feet side by side bend the knee of the leg you aren't working on and lean forward but keep the low back flat. Hold for 2 minutes per side. Moderate stretch don't push too hard. Make sure you keep the leg you are stretching locked at the knee the whole time.

pKMP3bZ.jpg

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Thanks POB I'll give it a try.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Passive and active stretching help me. I cramp all the time in my hams.

Always remember; just because you has an issue in one area, doesn't 100% mean that area is the problem. Your bicep femora is tight, so you need to stretch out your calves, glute max/med, maybe lats too.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I don't take creatine, I don't work out.
i tried this today, incredibly difficult couldn't hold it for more than 20-30 seconds at a time. Calves were screaming. When I finished and pulled off the floss my hams felt better than ever. Unbelievable! I will keep working.

now what have you got for calves?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't take creatine, I don't work out.
i tried this today, incredibly difficult couldn't hold it for more than 20-30 seconds at a time. Calves were screaming. When I finished and pulled off the floss my hams felt better than ever. Unbelievable! I will keep working.

now what have you got for calves?
That stretch hits your glutes hams and calves.

To do calves directly wrap them in the floss and stand on that foot on a step. Stay is dorsiflexion for 20 seconds. Then do a calf raise and hold for 3 seconds at the stop. When you come back down you should get an even better stretch. Do that 4 or 5 times. Keep the knee locked. This hits the gastroc.

Then hit the other leg.

After that wrap the floss around your ankle and foot like you are bracing your ankle with it. Kneel on the leg that isn't wrapped. Lean forward (driving your wrapped leg's knee forward as well) to stretch the soleus. Hold the stretch for 30 seconds. Then start pushing that knee in and out and moving it all around. When you feel points of tension stop on it for 30 seconds.

With the same leg still wrapped if it's not numb yet kneel on both knees and sit your hams on your calves. Rock back to stretch the anterior tib (shin muscle). Hold that for 20 seconds. Then drive toes into the floor to contract anterior tib for 3 seconds, relax and rock way back to really stretch it. Repeat until floss has to come off.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic