jojobet
What's New?

Halo’s old guy comeback journal 2024

test
Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Really enjoying your log. Keep grinding. As you mentioned, sometimes you have your best workouts when you are literally dragging into the gym. Good on you for pushing through.
Thanks Hawk!

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
13 Jun Thu

Back and Bi's

Another grinder plenty of weird nausea to go around only felt like I was going to throw up 5 times. Starting to think it might have something to do with the umbilical hernia mesh they put in when they did the hiatal hernia repair. I'm feeling some hard stuff around my belly button. I'll give it another week I have to travel next week so I'll get to the Dr when I get back.

Kroc Rows
4 X 10 X 75

Standing EZ Curl Bar Curls
4 X 10 X 50

Seated Alternating DB Curls
2 X 10 X 20 Standard
2 X 10 X 20 Hammer

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs
4 X 10 X 145

Close Grip Lat Pull Downs
4 X 10 X 145

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
14 Jun Fri

Chest Shoulders and Tri's

Well this is a somewhat amusing story. I never wear underwear around the house but the gym I do don't want to fuck people up with a slip up LOL. Well fist time that I can remember I made it to the gym and was like damn I feel comfortable LOL then I realized. fortunately I hadn't done any flat bench work so that got skipped today all is good no people were frightened in the making of this workout.

Smith OHP
1 X 10 X 135
4 X 10 X 175

Smith Incline Bench
4 X 10 X 175

Smith Incline Close Grip Bench
4 X 10 X 135

Tricep Rope Pushdowns
4 X 10 X 50

DB Shoulder Side Raises
4 X 10 X 20

DB Shoulder Front Raises
4 X 10 X 20

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
14 Jun Fri

Well this is a somewhat amusing story. I never wear underwear around the house but the gym I do don't want to fuck people up with a slip up LOL. Well fist time that I can remember I made it to the gym and was like damn I feel comfortable LOL then I realized. fortunately I hadn't done any flat bench work so that got skipped today all is good no people were frightened in the making of this workout.

Smith OHP
1 X 10 X 135
4 X 10 X 175

Smith Incline Bench
4 X 10 X 175

Smith Incline Close Grip Bench
4 X 10 X 135

Tricep Rope Pushdowns
4 X 10 X 50

DB Shoulder Side Raises
4 X 10 X 20

DB Shoulder Front Raises
4 X 10 X 20
Record attempts they check your gear after , sposed to be tighty whitey's only under the singlet , when I explained my uhhh situation and that I really didnt want to walk around all day looking like i was trying to smuggle a parrot through customs they let me wear a jock haahahah.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
17 Jun Mon

Today I'm really dragging ass the digestive problems are having a brutal impact on my overall feeling like shit. I'm glad I was able to get this one in the books. I think it's kind of a deload'ish moment nothing heavy just slow methodical contractions. Great pump in the end.

Incline Smith Close Grip Press
4 X 10 X 135

Incline Smith Press
4 X 10 X 155

Flat Smith Press
4 X 10 X 155

Flat Smith Close Grip Press
4 X 10 X 135

DB Side Raises
4 X 10 X 15

DB Alternating Front Raises
4 X 10 X 20

V Bar Tricep Push Downs
4 X 10 X 70

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
24 Jun Mon

Back from my 40th HS reunion, travel isn't really good for me anymore my digestive problems almost resulted in a hospital visit. Appt with a surgeon to talk about possible complications from previous hernia surgeries that may or may not be adding to the problems I already have. So fuck all that back at it today.

Transitioning to a heavier weight less sets and reps phase feels right. Great pump felt really strong but a good few days off was probably helpful.

Smith Flat Bench
1 X 10 X 225
4 X 8 X 245

Smith Flat Close Grip Bench
1 X 10 X 135
4 X 8 X 185

DB Shoulder Side Raises
1 X 10 X 15
1 X 10 X 20
4 X 10 X 25

DB Shoulder Front Raises
1 X 10 X 20
1 X 10 X 25
4 X 10 X 30

V Bar Tricep Cable Push Downs
1 X 10 X 80
4 X 8 X 90

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
On a Board like this, everybody's got some kinda problems to some degree. Some come here to constantly catalog and describe theirs, but your version of how you plan to overcome yours is inspiring.

Getting older's a bitch, the alternative sucks, but accounts of how you and others here deal with it keeps my candy ass coming back for more.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
On a Board like this, everybody's got some kinda problems to some degree. Some come here to constantly catalog and describe theirs, but your version of how you plan to overcome yours is inspiring.

Getting older's a bitch, the alternative sucks, but accounts of how you and others here deal with it keeps my candy ass coming back for more.
Thanks Raw I appreciate it and I feed off others here as well. I feel exactly the same it keeps my ass going and resolute that regardless of my physical condition or situation that I’m not going to stop.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
26 Jun Tue

Back and Bi's

Feeling a little tired today focused on super slow and strict contractions with full ROM.

Roman Chair Extensions
4 X 10 X BW

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs
4 X 10 X 135

Close Grip Lat Pull Downs
4 X 10 X 135

Standing EZ Bar Curls
4 X 10 X 50

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
28 Jun Thu

Well something weird happened. Possibly related I have a new set of orthotics in my shoes and maybe it's putting my alignment in a little different angle, maybe. So I do my 4th set of DB Side Raises and I put those back and pick up the bigger set for my front raises I bend over at the bench I'm sitting on between sets put them down and go to sit down for a minute and a very significant pop happens, I can't pinpoint it I'm thinking it was my lower spine but it wasn't normal and it rang through me. I have plenty of pops in my spine chest shoulders knees ankles etc but this one was really fat and new. So I don't move for a couple seconds to make sure I'm not on the edge of really fucking myself up. All seems ok I stand up do some torso rotations bend over stand up nothing. Then I go to sit down again and POW! that shit pops again, still weirdly unclear where the fuck it's origin is. I was a little disturbed but finished the workout and haven't had it happen since been about an hour now. Anyone have any thoughts?

Steep Incline Smith Bench Press
4 X 8 X 185

Flat Smith Bench Press
4 X 6 X 245

Seated DB Side Raises
4 X 8 X 25

Standing Alternating DB Front Raises
4 X 10 X 30

Close Grip V Bar Tricep Cable Push Downs
4 X 10 X 80

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
28 Jun Thu

Well something weird happened. Possibly related I have a new set of orthotics in my shoes and maybe it's putting my alignment in a little different angle, maybe. So I do my 4th set of DB Side Raises and I put those back and pick up the bigger set for my front raises I bend over at the bench I'm sitting on between sets put them down and go to sit down for a minute and a very significant pop happens, I can't pinpoint it I'm thinking it was my lower spine but it wasn't normal and it rang through me. I have plenty of pops in my spine chest shoulders knees ankles etc but this one was really fat and new. So I don't move for a couple seconds to make sure I'm not on the edge of really fucking myself up. All seems ok I stand up do some torso rotations bend over stand up nothing. Then I go to sit down again and POW! that shit pops again, still weirdly unclear where the fuck it's origin is. I was a little disturbed but finished the workout and haven't had it happen since been about an hour now. Anyone have any thoughts?

Steep Incline Smith Bench Press
4 X 8 X 185

Flat Smith Bench Press
4 X 6 X 245

Seated DB Side Raises
4 X 8 X 25

Standing Alternating DB Front Raises
4 X 10 X 30

Close Grip V Bar Tricep Cable Push Downs
4 X 10 X 80
My SI clicks n pops like most of ours l1 and l2 are shot all to fuck as well , but when it goes out It's really noticeable due to my hips being out of alignment and my one leg feels way longer than the other. I sort of stand like an S leaning to one side to compensate ... hard to guess off just a pop and lower back ... if it happens again go get some pics done n see if something slipped out of alignment

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
My SI clicks n pops like most of ours l1 and l2 are shot all to fuck as well , but when it goes out It's really noticeable due to my hips being out of alignment and my one leg feels way longer than the other. I sort of stand like an S leaning to one side to compensate ... hard to guess off just a pop and lower back ... if it happens again go get some pics done n see if something slipped out of alignment
Yeah it was so weird I felt like it was coming from the low back and I've never had any injuries down there my crushed stuff is T2-T7. I'm having a hard time articulating it too but it was deeper and more substantial sounding like a clunk instead of a pop. I think they might be lining me up for a CT of my abdomen so it's possible they can hit two birds with one stone. I really would have thought the way it sounded that I would have felt something in whatever area it came from. but not kinks or any tightness. I hope it as a fluke and I never see or feel that shit again,

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic