VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
I was reading about this yesterday.
What a friggin monster.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Here is another video of it. Shows how out of touch I am now.....I have never heard of this guy. Apparently he is 6'9" and around 450 lbs. HOLY SHIT! Very impressive none the less.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Heard of this guy before, never had this good a look at him before. The closet bodybuilder in me thinks he looks a lot more impressive than some of his peers, recent or current, from PL or WSM. I'm thinking of Eddie Hall or Donnie Thompson before they dropped weight, others too.

Can't help but wonder how he'd do in the NFL. Back when Kazmaier was THE Man, he tried out and was cut, but Kaz was a lot shorter and lighter.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Benedict Magnussen pulled 1015lbs with no straps and no briefs...the real world record imo.

Does anyone know what world record this is, exactly? I know he holds the record for the elephant bar deadlift. I believe Big Z holds the record for the tractor tire one. But with straps and briefs, is this the strongman standard deadlift world record?

Caught this guy about 10yrs ago on the strongman scene and thought he was special because of his athleticism. Pro basketball background, quick feet for a monster, and not muscle bound and immobile at 400+ pounds. Never thought he’d be the brute strongest, but rather the full package like Marius P was back in the day. I was wrong. He’s the whole deal. Incredible.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Here is another video of it. Shows how out of touch I am now.....I have never heard of this guy. Apparently he is 6'9" and around 450 lbs. HOLY SHIT! Very impressive none the less.

I've watched this dude compete many times. What's scary is that he doesnt look as big next to some of the other competitors. I mean who the hell can actually look normal standing next to that dude?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
That's the coolest name! Just sounds like a giant Viking monster. I think I could put another 50lbs on my squat just by having that name!

It's been fun to see him and Eddie Hall going back and forth, besting each other. Seems like a good natured healthy rivalry that is making them both continue to improve.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I've watched this dude compete many times. What's scary is that he doesnt look as big next to some of the other competitors. I mean who the hell can actually look normal standing next to that dude?

Exactly why I chose to retire from PL. I am 6'2" and was about to move into the SHWs. All of these 6'5" 350-400lb+ guys had started taking over the SWH's. There was just literally no way to compete with guys that huge. I remember the 1st time I saw Gary Frank in Daytona, Fl who is about 6'4" was close to 400lbs. When I shook his hand it was like shaking hands with a polar bear. His hands were huge. This guy is much larger than Frank. Like I said, straps or no straps this is a whole lot of weight. Very impressive.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
whoa monster-- take just one pew pew to take him down lol

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Who do you think will win the boxing match? I think Eddie will, he has a killer hook...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic