Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Hafþór J Björnsson 1,105lb Deadlift!

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
That's the coolest name! Just sounds like a giant Viking monster. I think I could put another 50lbs on my squat just by having that name!

It's been fun to see him and Eddie Hall going back and forth, besting each other. Seems like a good natured healthy rivalry that is making them both continue to improve.

His real name is Julius.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Eddie did his WR deadlift in 2016 at a meet and claims he still holds the record as Hafthorn did his online. They did show the weights being weighed and Im not sure about who judged the event. My question is when did using straps become ok to use for WR deadlifts? I was not aware that someone had done over 1000lbs with no straps. I figured that it may be impossible for the human hand to hold onto the bar without tearing apart the palm of your hand. Therefore the use of straps being allowed to obtain bigger deadlifts. While the bench and squat seemed to be moving into inhuman amounts the deadlift was stuck well under 1000lbs for a long time.
As far as the boxing match goes, who ever takes it the most serious and sticks to there game plan wins.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Don’t know if any of you guys watched Game of Thrones, but this guy played “The Mountain” in the last few seasons of the show.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
^^^^Because he’s not in a singlet, it wasn’t official, but still the strongest deadlift of all time in my book. He opened with 905 and picked it up like a joke. Then went straight to this 1015.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Benedict Magnussen pulled 1015lbs with no straps and no briefs...the real world record imo.

Does anyone know what world record this is, exactly? I know he holds the record for the elephant bar deadlift. I believe Big Z holds the record for the tractor tire one. But with straps and briefs, is this the strongman standard deadlift world record?

Caught this guy about 10yrs ago on the strongman scene and thought he was special because of his athleticism. Pro basketball background, quick feet for a monster, and not muscle bound and immobile at 400+ pounds. Never thought he’d be the brute strongest, but rather the full package like Marius P was back in the day. I was wrong. He’s the whole deal. Incredible.
Honestly I’m still trying to figure out what record this is as well .
Eddies beat Benni’s and I guess this was a stab at that. Ridiculous it was a 1 kg “ record “. He had more in there imo.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Over in OL, Vasily Alexeev used to be the king at SuperHwt in the 1970s. He would repeatedly beat his own world records by 1kg or so because what was then the USSR supposedly paid athletes bonuses for world records. It was said that if he thought he had a 5kg increase in the tank from one year to the next, he would spread it out over more frequent, smaller increments to maximize the bonus money.

With today's records the rewards for records may be more indirect ... more frequent records > more publicity > more prize a/o endorsement money ... maybe?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic