Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

H. Pylorii and upper GI series

scotchindn

scotchindn

VIP Member
May 10, 2012
Just got the call from my Doc. I got Heliobacter Pylorii. Little bastards are making a meal of my stomach lining as we speak! I'm getting scheduled for an upper GI too. WTF am I facing?I am starting a round of bad ass antibiotics Monday. I also just started a test, tren, mast blast. Should I scrap the blast? Any input is appreciated!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Do you have symptoms? How did they find it?

i hope you recover man.

Keep us posted.

scotchindn

scotchindn

VIP Member
May 10, 2012
Symptoms were extreme abdominal pain, radiating to my back and under the shoulder blades. Nausea, projectile vomiting. It was confirmed with a blood test.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Man I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better dude.

any idea how you contracted it?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I woukd hold off in the blast until the antibiotics are done. H pylori is tough to kill off and usually requires two broads spectrum antibiotics to get under control. Strong abx usually lead to diarrhea and that will cause malabsorption of the food you eat. Once the abx are done, you'll prolly be prescribed a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) like Prilosec or Nexium. You will get much more out of the cycle if you can eat like a champ, which you wont be doing during treatment.

scotchindn

scotchindn

VIP Member
May 10, 2012
Okay, so I know there is a fine line between putting too much info "out there", and keeping yourself safe from cyber trolls. However, I am gonna be as transparent as I can about this little medical adventure. I picked up what my pharmacist called an "H. Pylori care package" this morning: Tetracycline (500mg/e6h), metronidazole (500mg/e6h), prilosec (20mg/e12h) and prescription strength Kaopectate (1 tsp/e6h). Got first doses on board today, so far so good! I will delay my tren/mast/test blast for at least 14 days to be sure I am stomach-eating-critter free. Will maintain TRT doses of Test C, and gym routine.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Okay, so I know there is a fine line between putting too much info "out there", and keeping yourself safe from cyber trolls. However, I am gonna be as transparent as I can about this little medical adventure. I picked up what my pharmacist called an "H. Pylori care package" this morning: Tetracycline (500mg/e6h), metronidazole (500mg/e6h), prilosec (20mg/e12h) and prescription strength Kaopectate (1 tsp/e6h). Got first doses on board today, so far so good! I will delay my tren/mast/test blast for at least 14 days to be sure I am stomach-eating-critter free. Will maintain TRT doses of Test C, and gym routine.

Jesus... good thing you have the meds for the shits. Cause those other ones are going to wipe you the hell out! Expect some weight loss.

scotchindn

scotchindn

VIP Member
May 10, 2012
I will be taking the antibiotics for 7 days. This morning I am starting to feel a little off, just a bit queasy about 15 mins after morning dose. I think I am changing Kaopectate's name to Liquid Cork!

scotchindn

scotchindn

VIP Member
May 10, 2012
This is the second full day of my antibiotic regimen. My gut has started to realize it is under a full frontal pharmaceutical assault. Nothing of Biblical proportion yet, but like PoB said, I am very glad I have the super-Kaopectate! I am also running a bit of a low grade headache. May be the abx, not sure. Upper GI series is scheduled for 4/2 due to my completely insane work travel schedule. No endoscopy, yet.......

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic