Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

gym people types

lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
Morning , mid day , nights..do you find differance in the type of people who go at those times? I do..I train mornings love morning peeps they come and they go..sometimes i go mid day lots of dilly dallies, perfume and older people..and F nights I cant stand when I have to go I hate that seen? just me

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Nights has to many skiny tank top warein sob's for me with air-lats a goin. Mornings, but lately I've been using my own gym. much better!

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Mornings where I'm from consist of old folks dragging oxygen tanks from machine to machine reading news papers. Thank goodness they stay out of the free weight sections. Mid day is pretty quiet. Night time is mostly kids gettin their little pump on and acting like asses. It's full swing season here in Florida right now and it's like new years x 4 months. The best time is when they open. I like a quiet gym.

HDH

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
of course! Super early are regulars, generally decently healthy much more keep to yourself crowd. With some comraderie for being up so early....then mid morning yoou have the overweight moms, quick fix fall for every diet scam crowd, then you get the nooners, the old folks who have been active their whole lives but now they're retired and want somewhere to belong, that they feel obligated to go, much more social group of folks.... then your early afternoon we get some nice serious people, along with the leftovers from earlier, and trickle in from the evening crowd... but a lot try and get in and get out without a look or word to anyone, then theirs the evening, the fashion show, happy hour arrives and what a shit fest that is... head down, scowl and loud music makes working out at this time possible...come 8pm this crowd disappears and the ones who can't get out of work early that are more serious come again... along with some of the more overweight folk who are intimidated by the earlier judgemental crowd...then the overnight are the ones with odd schedules, generally fairly serious, and solo

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
smallville early morning people are generally the aerobic girls. noon crowd consists of about half a dozen of us that are just there to workout and go. the evening crowd is all the youngsters or non youngsters that need or want attention!

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I fall into dangerouscurves 8pm crowd definition. I do notice people don't have the gym etiquette like the old days like putting away the weights correctly or giving a spot if someone needs one between a set.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Can't take evening crowds..sittin on a bench for 30 minutes textin, while you wait....using the squat rack AND a bench at the same time and getting mad when you tell them you're gonna jump in in between...whether they like it or not!! lol ...POSERS

kingkrazy1012

kingkrazy1012

Dec 1, 2011
I fall into the early afternoon crowd. I am in by 3:30 and gone by the time the 5-5:30 crowd gets there. I was running late last night and got caught up in the BS crowd and thought if I HAD to be here at this time I would kill someone.

Halo

Halo

MuscleHead
Jul 5, 2011
I agree with so many of the comments LOL... DC kinda nailed it with her description and I match littleguys head down earbuds in comment completely. When I find myself in the .01% of my workouts "Ipod dead" I have the worst workouts ever. I can't listen to their shit and the crap music the gym has on, really cuts down on my ability to focus.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I don't have an option, it's nights for me b/c that's when the PLing team trains. I actually prefer the evenings b/c at my gym all the weekend warriors are gone and only the competitors come out to lift.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I like nights. That's when most of the people I know are there. There are 6 different guys I can train with on any given day and get a good work out. Then afterward there is always somebody with a funny story or something so there are a few laughs. There are clicks but I am friendly with most of them and we all bust balls so it makes training hard in the gym fun.

I think this atmosphere is important. It makes me look forward to going to the gym. The gym is sort of what you make it. it takes a good year to get to know your peeps but then it's 10 times as good.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic