pbtom
What's New?

Gym member responsibility

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
So my small gym i go to has been open for quite a few weeks now, but on a very strict limited attendance. I was lucky enough to be on that very short list. But there are others as well.
I follow a couple of other members on IG (instagram). Memorial Day weekend, one of the members posted a pic of her and her beau in a huge pool party at Lake of the Ozarks. She was down there the whole weekend and went to many bars on the lake, etc. Matter of fact, this huge pool party was locally highly criticized because people were not socially distancing, etc. LOL.
Then come I think it was Wed/Thurs there was a report of someone that tested positive for Covid19 was also at the lake and at that lake party at that pool a certain time and some other bars, etc. There were some timeframes published so that you know in case you were there at the same time. Contact tracing, which was great.

So I hit up my trainer that this information was found and asked if they are going to allow that gym member in the gym, that i don't think they should. I was hopeful that that gym member would act responsibly and stay away from the gym for a couple of weeks to be safe.

I pull up at the gym on Sat and see her car there....ugh...I walk in the gym and she was there....ugh....so i walk back out. Dangit....i was hoping that she was stay her ass at home for awhile knowing that this all came out. Surely she was informed about this....maybe she didn't know or member she come in anyway knowing that she was the bar perhaps AFTER the timeframes that were published. But I think one of the timeframes was like 1-4p.

My trainer was training her on Sat, I was a bit disappointed that he let her in the gym knowing this as well.

I feel like i was fortunate enough to be allowed to train at the gym and I was very careful and i wipe down equipment before and after usage, etc. I don't abuse anything. I sure as hell would not go to the gym knowing i was exposed to someone with the virus. So i texted the gym owner letting him know. I felt like a jackass tattle tell, but goddamn it, i was pissed at her for not being responsible, you know?
But she is young and in her little world of trying to turn pro and i guess just doesn't give a shit.

**** rant over ****

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I won't be attending mine, until they put the shower heads back on!!!!

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Wipe down equipment before you use it, don't touch your face until after you wash your hands.

I hope you didn't touch the door going in and out of gym or breathe the air. What if she coughed and droplets were in the ground and you stepped on them and later took off your shoes and then touched your face.

I mean when does it stop.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Wipe down equipment before you use it, don't touch your face until after you wash your hands.

I hope you didn't touch the door going in and out of gym.

Yes i totally did. But now that I realize it...i always wash my hands after i work out. Always, but i did that even before covid. But now that i realize it...i wash my hands, but then i also pick up my cell phone (which i may have used during gym for music). that which i did not sanitize/wipe down....need to incorporate that event during my post workout protocol before leaving gym lol.

Reactions: CFM
CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
To be clear, I agree she's an ass, your trainer is an ass!

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Unless they are coughing, sneezing, or drooling all over I will bet you are mostly safe in the same room as them. As always wipe everything down, not just for Covid19, but any cooties or STDs the others might have. Still, if the person tested positive it would be a dick move to be in public doing non-essential things, but I don't know that its known for sure this chick is the one who did?

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Plus the fact that gym owners are fighting to get there gym re-opened, and then theres an outbreak from a gym and ALL the gyms, that just re-opened,, are shut back down and the loss of income eventually shuts them down for good. People just don't realize or care about the consequences of there actions or take any responsibility.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I won’t be using mine for a long time. People are gross and I don’t want to clean up after others.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I told u to cancel that full nude workout center membership @Lizard King gave u for Kwanzaa.....

I won’t be using mine for a long time. People are gross and I don’t want to clean up after others.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I'm usually there between 3 and 6am. The staff goes home at night but they switched to 24hrs. My swipe key didn't work so I went there around 6pm last night to get a new one or to see what the problem was and the place looked like the beach on Memorial Day...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic