Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

gym hair

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I'm not talking just for looks here...because frankly when I'm in the gym my hair and makeup are.a wreck regardless, I'm there to workout not walk down a runway! BUT as far as lifting, cardio etc what is your go to hairstyle and why?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i just leave it however it is when i go. for the most part it is down with a little pulled back out of my eyes. it gets all sweaty and gross but who cares, im at the gym. on a heavy dead day my makeup will run down my face. LOL i will have black streaks from the corners of my eyes and it is generally smeared all over because i have wiped my hair back.

i never worry about how i look when i am there as i am there to work out, not to socialize or be picked up.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
For me I can't stand my hair down while sweaty or in my face I was accustomed to the ponytail/bun until I started lifting and laying down or pressing iknto the seat of something bugged the cra outta me being at the back of head...I now am almost always braided , top clipped back, or headband and french braid

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
i just leave it however it is when i go. for the most part it is down with a little pulled back out of my eyes. it gets all sweaty and gross but who cares, im at the gym. on a heavy dead day my makeup will run down my face. LOL i will have black streaks from the corners of my eyes and it is generally smeared all over because i have wiped my hair back.

i never worry about how i look when i am there as i am there to work out, not to socialize or be picked up.
I agree with you there, I am not there to workout or socialize but this was a matter of comfort...also concerned about breakage for when I do caRe what I look like

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i rarely pull mine up in a pony because of the breakage issue. it is so fine that it takes nothing to screw it up. i wish i could grow hair but it doesnt grow so i try to take good care of what i have. hence the reason i leave it down most of the time. it used to bother me more but now i have kind of gotten used to it.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
When it was shorter, I would just do a top knot ponytail. Its longer now so I double it over to get it off my shoulders. When I had extensions I'd do a braid because it was thick enough (my regular hair is thin so a braid sort of just emphasizes how thin it is). I tried doing side braids, which seem to look cute on everyone else, but just make me look like "Heidi". The thing I don't like w/ the braid is that when I run it bounces around too much, and generally I soak anything that is not off my shoulders, so I prefer to just keep it up all tied up top. Back when I had bangs, it was just a complete disaster because I sweat so much it would get in my eyes.

To give you an idea of just how much I sweat - when I've gone out to clubs dancing and then go to step outside to cool off for a moment, people ask me if its raining outside.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I was putting mine up in a clamp, but had the same issue when laying or sitting against a bench or machine...so I got it whacked off LOL. I now just go workout and don't have nearly the sweat in my face....and I really could care less how it looks when I am there...as long as it isn't in my face and sweaty I am good

ShortzMcD

ShortzMcD

TID Lady Member
Nov 15, 2011
I've got long curly hair so the only way that works for me is side braid or if I'm really sweating up a storm, it's a bun on top! I have the problem that my hair gets too heavy in a ponytail...

I see some girls at the gym who have perfectly sculpted hair + makeup and wonder how the hell they stay so clean + fresh, when I've got thousands of flyaways and sweating like a dude!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Wadded into a bun or two buns depending on if I take the time to do it or not. Makeup ......whats makeup?lmao.I could give a rats butt what my hair looks like I'm not there for a fashion show.

lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
i go at 5 am so its a pony tail pulled through the back of a hat...i never wear much make up anyway..little tan covers that...oh before i had two kids i cared and went prime time 6 or 7 pm... u know got to be seen time... whos who...look at me...everyone wants me...well thats how the night people r at my gym..lol

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Ponytail or hat. It is all I can do.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
why not just wear a cap? Better concentration this way also. Add earphones and you're in your own little world...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic