pbtom
What's New?

Gym Closed - at home training

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
My primary gym is still open thankfully. It is a smaller, hardcore gym where a lot of competitors work out at. (Secondary gym has closed).
Heard gym owner is also not accepting any new memberships, as he has had an influx of people wanting to join since he is open, but the others have closed. He has said no new memberships. I was surprised cuz that dude will do anything for a buck lol. But also think that is cool for him. We all at the gym are like ”please don’t close“ and everyone is a cleaning fool before and after equipment usage.
Hoping he can keep it that way lol. He also knows the local po-po so maybe he can not close down. Will see. But it will probably happen that he has to.
I do have an alternative gym to use, as I’m fortunate enough to.

But to prepare for the worst, i am creating home workout programs and favoriting things on the old IG just in case. Be well all.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Finally using my home gym. I moved in the new house 2 years ago and have only worked out in it 2 or 3 times.

My daughter has been leaving it a mess for me lately ;) My wife uses it thought.

I actually enjoyed it and may rotate in and out. I still have a few things left to tie up. I have a Sonos amp and 2-way ceiling speakers and a 10" sub. That will be nice to get hooked up. For now, just using a Bluetooth speaker.

I took a big 20'x12' section and put a dance section in for my daughter, but she has been using it for deadlifting ;)

What I really need to start hitting is some cardio. Been 2 years since I have done any (srs).

I hit legs last night! Tonight will just be a fun workout. I bought a slam ball and might gass myself out with that. I think I am going to buy some ropes too soon!

YpwcuPQ.jpg

z4kOuZc.jpg

mcdig2Q.jpg

K5GkRMy.jpg

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I am fortunate enough to have a home gym that would fit in macs deadlift/dance area. I haven't lifted in a commercial gym in at least 15 years. One of the best parts is that I control the cleaning. Having worked at or worked out in dozens of gyms in my life, I know how difficult it is to thoroughly sanitize them. People are disgusting bags of shit with no home training. Maybe this situation will help with that. The number of people who don't even wash their hands on a regular basis is astounding.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Damn @macgyver , that gym is awesome. Great work.

Thanks. Up till now I have not been real motivated to workout at home.
I work from home, so sometimes going to the gym is the only time I am out of the house, besides running my son to soccer.
I am enjoying the reset in a strange way. Wishing the best for everyone for sure.

For those of you guys who don't have stuff at home, I would be on craigs asap trying to pick up even dumbbells and a cheap bench and Olympic set. That and a pull up bar, and you can get in some good workouts!

I am fortunate enough to have a home gym that would fit in macs deadlift/dance area. I haven't lifted in a commercial gym in at least 15 years. One of the best parts is that I control the cleaning. Having worked at or worked out in dozens of gyms in my life, I know how difficult it is to thoroughly sanitize them. People are disgusting bags of shit with no home training. Maybe this situation will help with that. The number of people who don't even wash their hands on a regular basis is astounding.

Yep....truth is that is all the space you really need. My gym has evolved over the years. Bought my first stuff over 25 years ago. I was renting a house and put the things in the garage. It has all moved (and been) added to over the years.

My daughter (16) is taking an interest in lifting. I may invest in some bumpers and a good oly bar. For many years I only trained at home and this stuff has probably paid for itself many times over. Unfortunately for about a decade....all it did was collect dust. Now at least I am putting to use!

Well wishes to all around!

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Instead of trying to get a half assed sessions at home, im going to do a complete 2 week break from training. Still sticking to a diet somewhat and cardio but no weights. We'll see what kind of rebound I get. The most ive taken off from the gym in my 10+ years is a week. I hear dexter takes 2 months off every year after the olympia so who knows. Maybe itll be good for me

B

Big Beef

Feb 23, 2020
I didn't read all the comments, but some of my best results I've had in the past came from home workouts. Seems to be a mind/body connection I get that is much better & honestly, I think myself, as well as many other people tend to overtrain at the gym. I train natural most of the time & don't always rest like I should, so I think a break off heavier weight will be good for me. A lot can be done with body weight! Push-ups, 1 arm push-ups, body weight squats, pistol squats, pull-ups, etc. Hell... You can find a couple empty buckets & put just about anything in it to work shoulders & biceps. I did my first home workout in forever today & it felt awesome! Was a little frustrated at first with all the closings, but a few weeks of home workouts might have been exactly what I needed.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Guess I need to knock the dust of my old shake weight.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
Time to dust off the old Power Blocks and bring out my fold up bench.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Brought to you by, none other than, China.

Yep, that's racist. #suemeagain

Attachments

• BsRHjPtCMAA3ayQ.jpg
    BsRHjPtCMAA3ayQ.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 194
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic