Members
Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

Gurus

I

Ironwilliam

Nov 30, 2012
So do the gurus like hany ramrod and Charles glass and george farah come up with the cycles and supplements or just nutrition and training for the pros?

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
They do everything if they are doing their full prep

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Tight glutes why do you need a prep coach as your extremely knowledgable along with sassy.i asked this same question to lee priest a year ago and his response was blunt in his experience with ramrod was use more gear.dorian cringes when he hears the term gurus as does lee Haney heard them talk in a interview about it.for some one who has minimum experience I can understand but you have a lot of male and females who turn pro without a guru and then they need one.i don't get it but I would love to here people's response

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Tight glutes why do you need a prep coach as your extremely knowledgable along with sassy.i asked this same question to lee priest a year ago and his response was blunt in his experience with ramrod was use more gear.dorian cringes when he hears the term gurus as does lee Haney heard them talk in a interview about it.for some one who has minimum experience I can understand but you have a lot of male and females who turn pro without a guru and then they need one.i don't get it but I would love to here people's response

I think it really comes down to once you turn pro " by yourself" and that's hard these days. I would think they need someone to take them to the pro stage. nationals and pro stage is very different. maybe they need better gear, one on one training, posing help, new ideas. You are playing with the big dogs and you dont want to look like a fool. Its also so much less stressful if you have someone there to guide you. i hate the word GURU. I think there are many good coaches out there and one does not need to be labeled that .

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
i hate the word GURU. I think there are many good coaches out there and one does not need to be labeled that .

Totally agree, thats whats cringey plus it's normally a self-appointed tittle , just look at Dan Duchaine . Guys like Charles Glass take care mostly of the training side although to me all he does is create new exercises/angles and people think he's some kind of wizard , Dorian probably scoffed at the term "guru " but he famously enlisted Mike Mentzer to train him during a stint in the U.S.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
So do the gurus like hany ramrod and Charles glass and george farah come up with the cycles and supplements or just nutrition and training for the pros?

Typically anyone who handles your diet for a show/off season includes their 2cc's about supplement use.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
From what I have read the "gurus" have a say in all aspects of a competitors contest prep. Diet, training & drug use including doses, durations, etc. are all mapped out with great detail by these gurus.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Depends on what you're paying them...

If you've hired a prep coach then yes all aspects

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
If you look at flex wheeler his physic was perfection with or without Charles glass.chris aceto is very knowledgable but if I had to pick from these gurus I would go with farah.pj marsh also knows his stuff heard him in a few interviews.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic