Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Gun guys what’s your opinion

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I stopped by a local gun store I had never seen before and they were pushing KE Arms products. I stay up on most things gun related but I haven’t heard of these guys. What I did find with a google search all looked good BUT there wasn’t a lot out there so I’m hesitant. The price point seemed really fair especially in today’s market. Thanks guys.
I can verify that this company exists. I can’t vouch for their products.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I won't use a poly lower on any AR I have seen them blow the side out right at the magwell next to your face if cheek wielding at the moment which I would hope you would be.
I have one laying around that was an SBR build until I saw the exploded ones that company stopped producing them as well as bushmaster used to build one a long time ago I believe.
Stick with a good forged lower for safety and long term durability,
BTW if you might know I was fiddling with this shit for 25 years as my daily tool kit.
PSA is cheap and will throw lead downrange get and extra CH and a high quality extra BCG and buy mags now before shitface bans em;)

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I won't use a poly lower on any AR I have seen them blow the side out right at the magwell next to your face if cheek wielding at the moment which I would hope you would be.
I have one laying around that was an SBR build until I saw the exploded ones that company stopped producing them as well as bushmaster used to build one a long time ago I believe.
Stick with a good forged lower for safety and long term durability,
BTW if you might know I was fiddling with this shit for 25 years as my daily tool kit.
PSA is cheap and will throw lead downrange get and extra CH and a high quality extra BCG and buy mags now before shitface bans em;)

I was thinking about getting back into hunting deer for food...Would u recommend an .223cal and if so, what brand?...

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I was thinking about getting back into hunting deer for food...Would u recommend an .223cal and if so, what brand?...
A 223 will put a deer down, a bit on the small side but I’ve seen it many times with just one shot. I like Savage or Begera if you are after a bolt action gun. If after an AR there’s all kinds of good ones out there, pick a brand & just ask here.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
A 223 will put a deer down, a bit on the small side but I’ve seen it many times with just one shot. I like Savage or Begera if you are after a bolt action gun. If after an AR there’s all kinds of good ones out there, pick a brand & just ask here.

My step-brother used this cal and swore by it...He liked the noise factor the most (he always was night hunting on other peoples properties)...Also, he claimed it had plenty of "knock-down" power due to it's velocity speed...Said it was extremely accurate...

I would prefer bolt-action...I've owned an semi-auto (.308) and didn't really like it (jammed frequently)...How does the Remington compare to the Savage/Begera?...

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
.223 will work fine, getting ANY ammo at all for that cal is nearly impossible though.
A quality semi auto and brass ammo will not jam.
Shit Wolf or Tulammo steel cased will jam all day long.
If you are hunting in heavy brush or open areas is a consideration as the smaller rd can be deflected off small branches etc.
A great all around caliber for long distance 2 legged bears or any type if hunting in general is a good ole .30/06 and you can still find ammo.
Remington 700 or Winchester model 70's are excellent in that caliber.
The Ar you can spend 600 or 2000 depending on what the REAL plan is if just shooting dear or the potential home invader then a a PSA or DPMS, Bushmaster blah blah is fine if you are planning on The end of the World then maybe and Aero Precision or Spikes Tactical would be a better choice but really the cheaper ones are just fine.
If buying a 223 bolt action just for hunting then I recommend a Savage for performance for the $$
Cheers

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
.223 will work fine, getting ANY ammo at all for that cal is nearly impossible though.
A quality semi auto and brass ammo will not jam.
Shit Wolf or Tulammo steel cased will jam all day long.
If you are hunting in heavy brush or open areas is a consideration as the smaller rd can be deflected off small branches etc.
A great all around caliber for long distance 2 legged bears or any type if hunting in general is a good ole .30/06 and you can still find ammo.
Remington 700 or Winchester model 70's are excellent in that caliber.
The Ar you can spend 600 or 2000 depending on what the REAL plan is if just shooting dear or the potential home invader then a a PSA or DPMS, Bushmaster blah blah is fine if you are planning on The end of the World then maybe and Aero Precision or Spikes Tactical would be a better choice but really the cheaper ones are just fine.
If buying a 223 bolt action just for hunting then I recommend a Savage for performance for the $$
Cheers

Sounds like I need to look into the .30/06 if ammo will be an issue...I've known quite a number of people who owned one...They always glorified em...I still want to stick with the bolt-action, not concerned with the end-of-world stuff...If I go, I go!...Hopefully I'll get an resurrection!...Where would be a good place to look for an used one?....30/06, that is...

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Sounds like I need to look into the .30/06 if ammo will be an issue...I've known quite a number of people who owned one...They always glorified em...I still want to stick with the bolt-action, not concerned with the end-of-world stuff...If I go, I go!...Hopefully I'll get an resurrection!...Where would be a good place to look for an used one?....30/06, that is...
Depends on what state you live in if you live where you can do a transfer without paperwork then papers like the nikel nik etc buy one from an old guy they usually don't know all the new bullshit laws about legal transfer anyways haha
Pawn shop or gun shows are good!

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
My step-brother used this cal and swore by it...He liked the noise factor the most (he always was night hunting on other peoples properties)...Also, he claimed it had plenty of "knock-down" power due to it's velocity speed...Said it was extremely accurate...

I would prefer bolt-action...I've owned an semi-auto (.308) and didn't really like it (jammed frequently)...How does the Remington compare to the Savage/Begera?...
Where I come from night hunting on someone else’s land gets you in hot water in a couple of different ways. 223 is too loud for all that, a 22 mag is much better if someone wanted to try something like that. I wouldn’t know, just hypothetically speaking of course.

Remington’s are good. There’s a bunch of good ones actually, just a preference thing.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Where I come from night hunting on someone else’s land gets you in hot water in a couple of different ways. 223 is too loud for all that, a 22 mag is much better if someone wanted to try something like that. I wouldn’t know, just hypothetically speaking of course.

Remington’s are good. There’s a bunch of good ones actually, just a preference thing.

I wasn't politically correct when referring to him, I meant EVIL step-brother *LOL*...Two factors that semi-assured his success...His grandfather was an local judge and his mother (whom tried to run over me when my step-father married my mother...I was around 7-8tish and was riding my go-cart) worked for the Sherrifs dept....Nice family!...Also, he would attach an empty balloon over the end of the barrel...U could barely hear it when he would shoot...I think he did own an 22mag as well...He had tons of guns and bows....Pistols, shotguns, and rifles...He even made a small cannon *LOL*...

He did almost get caught on one hunt tho...He was set up by the landowner...However, when they sent in the dogs and surrounded him, he killed the dogs and got away...They had his truck impounded...It was down the rd a ways...But couldn't prove it was him on the property...So, as usal nothing happened....He killed a black bear years ago and got away with that too...His grandfather pulled some switches so i hear...I had quit messing with him by then...I did do a tad, shad of night hunting too, but not on peoples property...Would catch em on the highway...Or down a dirt rd...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic