Rolanalon
What's New?
Status
Not open for further replies.
UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
Glad I'm not the only powerlifter on TID who reaizes you ain't shit without big gunz.

Don't good mornings irritate your lower back injury?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Glad I'm not the only powerlifter on TID who reaizes you ain't shit without big gunz.

Don't good mornings irritate your lower back injury?

The good mornings only hurt if I flex my abs before the movement. Like a cold aching feeling in my lower back. No clue why. I'm looking for more stretch and reaction in my hamstrings when doing those.

My lower back is hurting because of pelvic tilt. The discomfort is being caused by my right psoas and right hamstring being tight as shit, drawing my lower spine down and drawing my pelvis down, creating irregular alignment everywhere (in my medical opinion pffffffff).

I had this problem a few years ago but the back pain was crippling. Went to my GP and they suggested the same bullshit ibuprofen and lower back stretches.

Went to Patient First and luckily one of the fill-ins was a sports medicine guy. He took X-rays of my lower back and noticed my hips were tilted abnormally. He referred me to his buddy (the PT) and we started working on range of motion. After a few months of doing the stretches I was pain free for almost two years. My stupid ass stopped the stretches though and now it's come back to haunt me. It was slow though... First, I was sitting down for long periods of time in a chair hunched over while drawing. Hamstrings tight, psoas tight... Class, hunched forward drawing. At home on the computer, etc. Then we moved to a new house and I kept pushing the limits of how much I could move by myself in a given time period, ignoring the burning pain with the help of whiskey and bourbon. I stopped hitting the gym for two months and came back to lift heavy again. Dumb!

Hoping that all this experimenting with bands and distraction and stretching and weakness-focused training will sort it all out. I'm finally starting to see separation in my hamstrings, can activate them rather easily and they're getting sore after squats and deads. My abs have gotten much stronger also, evidence being the increases in standed band crunches that have occurred recently.

I've come to the conclusion that the moment I think I know everything is the moment it all crumbles to shit.

So I'll continue the banded distractions for hips, lower back, shoulders and lats, keep mashing/stretching my pecs and biceps and stay foam rolling/stretching my hamstrings and traps.

I did some cool activation work prior to the arm workout that I stole from Ben Pakulski and it seemed to work really well. The concept containing a full stretch of the targeted muscle along with the tightest contraction possible, all within the same movement. Peep his activation videos on YouTube for a better explanation. He said once you learn to flex a muscle until it cramps a bit you've mentally connected with it. I tried with several muscle groups and have many I can't get to cramp. Interesting concept. My arms are stupid sore today so there might be merit to his activation techniques. Will try this with upper back stuff in about an hour.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Friday - March 4, 2016
Back, Glutes + Shoulders

Super D Shoulder Fixing Shit (each arm):
Banded Wings x 12
Banded Protraction Punches x 12
Banded Crossbody Stretches x 12
Banded External Rotations x 12

Good Mornings SS Hip Flexor Stretches
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 1 @8

Goblet Squats SS Hamstring Stretches
50 x 8
50 x 8
50 x 8 @2

One-Leg Hyperextensions
x 8 @9

Glute Kickbacks
100 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 10

T-Bar Rows
1 plate x 12
1 plate x 12
1 plate x 12

Seated Trap Rows
70 x 10
85 x 10
100 x 10

CG High Cable Pulldowns
100 x 10
120 x 10
140 x 10

One-Arm Seated Rows
40 x 10
40 x 10
40 x 10

Reverse Pec Deck Flies
55 x 12
60 x 12
65 x 12

Cable Lateral Raises

294.0 lbs

Quick hypertrophy hit because I won't be in there this weekend. Spring Break started this morning. Reading and relaxation starts Monday. So does Bully Yoga: Fuxking split squats and paused squats smh.... Hate those blasphemous exercises!

Had to share the rack with these boot camp dildos. One I nicknamed Shakingman and the other is icantdothat. Shakingman's shins looked like he was balancing on a bosu ball while squatting. The other guy kept talking about how he couldn't do the weight Shakingman was doing for epileptic quarter reps. I was the dickhead that good morning'd everything they were squatting without speaking to them. My phone was dead but I kept my headphones in so they would leave me alone.

Shakingman put on a "how to deadlift" clinic. He said he weighs 180 and he didn't budge 315 off the floor more than an inch. Then, thinking I can't hear them, he states that if he weighed as much as me he could pull twice that. icantdothat says, "Braaaaah!!! He good morning'd what's on your bar!!!" Shakingman said, "Yeah, but his upper body wasn't parallel with the ground, so, yeah...that doesn't count." He then proceeded to try 315 again because he said his "CNS hadnt warmed up yet." It didn't move and he fell forward.

How the **** did he fall forward?!?!

Last edited:
Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Cutting update:
44" pants are too big, can button my 42" Levi's but they look ridiculous in the waist. Imagine Chris Farley in skinny jeans. My belly doesn't stick out of the bottom of XL tees anymore but still sticks out further than my chest. My Inzer belt had to be adjusted back another notch. Scale isn't doing the transformation justice. I lost the fat folds in my back just below my lats also. I'm telling y'all... Shit got bad!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Hahaha! I wish I coulda been there to listen to those bozos with you....

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You should try PoB's double paused bench and try concentric squats.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
You should try PoB's double paused bench and try concentric squats.
I've done the double paused bench and it's awesome. The concentric squats are gonna be weird as hell.
I ran almost 7 weeks of the POB's program last year, just got overwhelmed with life and stopped going to the gym consistently for about two months.

I'm hoping to finish the first round by late-May. I never made it to the concentric squat part.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I've done the double paused bench and it's awesome. The concentric squats are gonna be weird as hell.
I ran almost 7 weeks of the POB's program last year, just got overwhelmed with life and stopped going to the gym consistently for about two months.

I'm hoping to finish the first round by late-May. I never made it to the concentric squat part.

I like to set up the concentric squats with chains. That way you get under the bar, get set up, and then explode up. Then it's truly just the upward portion of the squat.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I like to set up the concentric squats with chains. That way you get under the bar, get set up, and then explode up. Then it's truly just the upward portion of the squat.

I like this

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.