pbtom
What's New?

Growing Glutes

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
This may or may not be a goal for some women...but it is for me personally.
My coach/trainer has me doing 2 leg days per week. One is heavy legs and he trains me. The other is light weights and i do on my own and with more ancillary movements, but def higher reps.

In looking at some girls, and their booties are fabulous i'm like they have to be gifted or something....lol. Then i was watching one of the youtube vids by Jamie Pinder and she was looking to grow her booty to and she noticed that more south american girls tended to have more growth in the glutes, so she would follow them on social media and replicate their movements to grow her booty.

That gave me an idea to do the same....follow some girls and see what they do as part of their routine. So i did and i do now. Will let you know how it goes when i shed more fat. I'm currently in a cut so hoping to see some growth from last time i competed. I think my hamstrings have improved a bit, but hoping glutes have too and quads. Speaking of which, i've started prep for a bodybuilding contest, i should post up..i'm a slacker lol.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey Bova, like so many body parts, our genetic makeup does affect our strong areas and weak areas. Some guys can't seem to put any meat on their calves no matter what they do. Some guys have upper bodies that blow up, and then they concurrently struggle with bird legs.

IMO, the key to good training is to acknowledge your weak areas, and give them the extra attention they need. Sounds like you're doing that with the glutes. I don't think it's a secret, but squats and lunges are staples. It's funny, I can squat all day long, yet I'd rather take a beating than do lunges! LOL

On your light days, one thing I'd recommend is using the big exercise ball. Lay down on the ball with the ball across your shoulders, and think of doing a reverse plank with your abs/midsection and legs off the ball (feet on the ground, legs bent at the knee, face looking up at the ceiling). You don't even need any weight, but do hip raises, and squeeze your glutes at the top at peak contraction. It's great for the core too, but your glutes will be screaming.

I'm not really sure how you want to objectively measure progress in that area, but I'm assuming a tape measure change with no increase in bodyfat would be one way. When it's all said and done, I'm assuming you want a certain look, and for that ass to pop out there. In that case, before/after pics may be the best way to measure progress. Just try to recreate the conditions for taking progress pics so that you're comparing apples to apples.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
My coach/trainer has me doing 2 leg days per week. One is heavy legs and he trains me. The other is light weights and i do on my own and with more ancillary movements, but def higher reps.

In looking at some girls, and their booties are fabulous i'm like they have to be gifted or something....lol. Then i was watching one of the youtube vids by Jamie Pinder and she was looking to grow her booty to and she noticed that more south american girls tended to have more growth in the glutes, so she would follow them on social media and replicate their movements to grow her booty.

That gave me an idea to do the same....follow some girls and see what they do as part of their routine. So i did and i do now. Will let you know how it goes when i shed more fat. I'm currently in a cut so hoping to see some growth from last time i competed. I think my hamstrings have improved a bit, but hoping glutes have too and quads. Speaking of which, i've started prep for a bodybuilding contest, i should post up..i'm a slacker lol.
I would check out the videos on YouTube and Instagram like you are doing. I ran into a slew of them by searching on various types of training for glutes. And tons of fitness girls came up. A lot of them are young and they look ridiculous in my opinion. Skinny upper body and skinny legs and these huge butts....but some of them doing some really interesting exercises. I can't squat anymore due to a decade of squats going way too heavy with low reps. So my glutes need some help as lower back locks up and it can be tricky doing glutes since they are the strongest muscles in the body.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Hey Bova, like so many body parts, our genetic makeup does affect our strong areas and weak areas. Some guys can't seem to put any meat on their calves no matter what they do. Some guys have upper bodies that blow up, and then they concurrently struggle with bird legs.

IMO, the key to good training is to acknowledge your weak areas, and give them the extra attention they need. Sounds like you're doing that with the glutes. I don't think it's a secret, but squats and lunges are staples. It's funny, I can squat all day long, yet I'd rather take a beating than do lunges! LOL

On your light days, one thing I'd recommend is using the big exercise ball. Lay down on the ball with the ball across your shoulders, and think of doing a reverse plank with your abs/midsection and legs off the ball (feet on the ground, legs bent at the knee, face looking up at the ceiling). You don't even need any weight, but do hip raises, and squeeze your glutes at the top at peak contraction. It's great for the core too, but your glutes will be screaming.

I'm not really sure how you want to objectively measure progress in that area, but I'm assuming a tape measure change with no increase in bodyfat would be one way. When it's all said and done, I'm assuming you want a certain look, and for that ass to pop out there. In that case, before/after pics may be the best way to measure progress. Just try to recreate the conditions for taking progress pics so that you're comparing apples to apples.
Agreed. I would add barbell hip thrusts as a great glute developer. Better than any machine hip thrust I have ever used. For me the key is you have to go heavy to really get the glutes to engage.

B

Bomb10shell

TID Lady Member
Aug 30, 2022

I just watched that Pinder video last week. She's awesome.

Anyways I also agree with her about the high volume for glute specific exercises, and lower volume for the heavy stuff that has a "glute focused" note attached to it from my coach. It seems to be working, my butt busted a seam on my leggings last week

Current booty work: (this is over the course of my week but I'm cherry picking out the butt stuff)

DEEEEEP Hack Squats 4x12,12,10,10
Swinging Leg Press, feet position: high and narrow to target glutes 4x12,12,10,10
Cable or Machine Abductors 4x25
Snatch Grip Rack Pull 4x15,12,10,8,8 PULL FOR WEIGHT
Glute Bridge 6x20 weighed, max rest 35s
Bulgarian Split Squats 3x8 each

Hope this helps

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I demand pics!

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
Brazilian butt lift. They are all doing it!

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
I've tried glute/ham workout of current wellness Olympia winner...
I almost threw up and couldn't finish the workout...

IronBreez

IronBreez

Aug 3, 2017
I think the biggest factor in training glutes, is how I activate them squat/deadlift variations. It's possible to do those exercises with muscles on the legs and lower back

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic