Members
Latest Member
mattcarter77
What's New?

Growing Glutes

klbsa

klbsa

Jan 5, 2011
I've had really good results on my glutes this year doing abductor, cable kick back, but blaster machine and lunges.

I gave up on squats because my knees started having days of joint pain afterwards..... I'm just getting old I guess.

Type-IIx

Type-IIx

Mar 24, 2022
Step ups (barbell) provide the greatest stimulus for glute musculature according to sEMG. Lunges work great. Both are arguably advantaged by also developing the quads. Banded & weighted glute bridges (combined) are the most direct stimulus, but present a very small moment arm; so they have to be loaded heavy and are a PITA to set up.

B

Bomb10shell

TID Lady Member
Aug 30, 2022
Step ups (barbell) provide the greatest stimulus for glute musculature according to sEMG. Lunges work great. Both are arguably advantaged by also developing the quads. Banded & weighted glute bridges (combined) are the most direct stimulus, but present a very small moment arm; so they have to be loaded heavy and are a PITA to set up.
What about single leg leg press instead of bb step up?

Type-IIx

Type-IIx

Mar 24, 2022
What about single leg leg press instead of bb step up?
Serves mostly to stretch the quadriceps for some added hypertrophy benefit (quadriceps see slightly greater hypertrophy with contractions performed to a long muscle length) and to prevent lumbar spine rounding. Not really much of a glute stimulus.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic