Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Grocery Store Salad Bar?

A

arnoldblack

Sep 6, 2010
Are these a good deal? Tips?

I live in a small town so there are not many people picking through it or being germy.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Depends what they have and the price. Not being busy means the food is sitting there longer. The place by my house is busy so they are constantly putting new fresh food out.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I use one occasionally at a big market near where I work. I load up on the proteins (grilled chicken strips mostly) so it starts getting costly. I avoid iceburg lettuce (which is kind of useless) and do spinach and romaine when I can. It tastes good and seems healthy. Its not bad for when I don't want the same old same old.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Wegmans Baby!!!!!!

Salad bar. pshha on you. We got salad bars, hot food bar with italian-maxican-vegitarian-mediteranian-asian, We got pre-made meals WITH sides,

Nothing makes being lazy and still eating clean easier then good ol' Wegmans.

Reactions: 5.0
DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
There is sushi...

I like it but I'm afraid of going home and gf asking where I'd been.

Plus I'm think the macros are dubious.

Last edited:
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I haven't had any issues. Mine has it all, Olive bar, Salad bar, pasta bar.... ect. I usually load up Romain, chicken, egg's, cheese, Olives.... ect. The salad bar always needs to look clean and be maintained. The containers the food is in should be filled. Most people that work there are eating at that salad bar too, so don't think you should be to worried.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Who the f u ck eats grocery store sushi, not even the Asians will touch that shit.....

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Who the f u ck eats grocery store sushi, not even the Asians will touch that shit.....

again wegmans.
They got an army of Japanese ladies back there slaving away. Its only a click under restaurant quality.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Wegmans Baby!!!!!!

Salad bar. pshha on you. We got salad bars, hot food bar with italian-maxican-vegitarian-mediteranian-asian, We got pre-made meals WITH sides,

Nothing makes being lazy and still eating clean easier then good ol' Wegmans.

I eat wegmans food bar 3-5x/week. Love it.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I love the salad bar, but it's so expensive at $7.99 a pound.
All this talk of salad bars and I had to go. It is expensive, but when I'm too lazy to prep its just too convenient. And really one of the few healthy choices in such a case.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic