Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Grocery expenses

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Caught pork sirloin roast on sale this week for 1.18/pound. Needless to say for that price I have 22 lbs of it now. Injected with Cajun butter marinade. Not bad at all, especially for that price.
That sounds amazing. I got half a cow in the freezer and my wife has become quite the instant pot/air fryer wizard, but I still need some pork other than my bacon and sausage.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
That sounds amazing. I got half a cow in the freezer and my wife has become quite the instant pot/air fryer wizard, but I still need some pork other than my bacon and sausage.
Air fryers are amazing. I love mine

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
I go the the Mexican market (Carniceria) way cheaper than the chain stores. Great selection of meats. Wife is Mexican they know us usually but 25-30lbs of various meats and poultry, last for a couple of weeks. So under $300 a month in meats.
If you have a Carniceria definitely check it out!!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Just paid $800 for 150 gallons of oil, food isn't bad compared to what this winter is gonna cost.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Caught some eggs on sell at walmart today for $9.82 for 60. Went to food lion and picked up a good deal on a few ribeyes and new york strips. Wife grabbed a pound of butter from a local farm. Set for the week.

Butter and kefir are the two things I have never been able to find at a farm.

Slic.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
I have a freezer in the garage. Thinking about buying bulk protein. I'd need to get a generator too . Power is shut down on windy days

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
I have a freezer in the garage. Thinking about buying bulk protein. I'd need to get a generator too . Power is shut down on windy days

That’s a smart move, we’ve been looking for a garage freezer but damn there hard to find.

I’d like to go in on a cow with someone butcher it up and freeze it. That’s the whole plan , but nothing seems to be panning out at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
That’s a smart move, we’ve been looking for a garage freezer but damn there hard to find.

I’d like to go in on a cow with someone butcher it up and freeze it. That’s the whole plan , but nothing seems to be panning out at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what me and my son did. Went halves on a cow. I ended up with close to 400lbs of meat. Did some trading back and forth for some of the cuts I wanted. I normally keep 20-30 pounds of bacon and sausage on hand as well.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Update, went to Trader Joe’s for the first time in a month plus. It was $100. Everything is up $1-2 dollars. Now granted, I know I bought $ 30 worth of salmon and smoked fish which I normally don’t buy which makes sense why it wasn’t around $60-70 for my bill

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic