Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Grocery expenses

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Yeah I plan to, I’ll do my best to behave and not piss off to many people. I like it here, it’s really nice to see some of my old friends here I mean OLD @Wallyd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’re not starting off very good AP! Poking the OLD bear already. Lol

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I'm curious how much poaching deer has went up due to inflation.
I’m pretty sure around my home town it has went up. It always happened but I’m sure it’s worse now. I plead the 5th, I know nothing.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
@SAD Ewwwww ... Mama used to serve a slice of tongue alongside the potato-salad-from-heaven she could make. Didn't taste bad exactly, kinda like bland bologna until you lathered it with mustard or horse radish and it "fleshed" out the macros I guess.

Then I saw the whole tongue when I wandered into the kitchen once, hours before supper :eek:

Not even gonna try "Cheek," but I imagine it might be kinda fatty?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
@SAD Ewwwww ... Mama used to serve a slice of tongue alongside the potato-salad-from-heaven she could make. Didn't taste bad exactly, kinda like bland bologna until you lathered it with mustard or horse radish and it "fleshed" out the macros I guess.

Then I saw the whole tongue when I wandered into the kitchen once, hours before supper :eek:

Not even gonna try "Cheek," but I imagine it might be kinda fatty?

Haha, jokes aside I just got back from alaska and ate a substantial amount of halibut cheeks.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Can I safely assume that mensa men resist the urge to say they just did it for the hal-ibut?

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Tongue-in-cheek brother. Just having some fun.
All good brother. We are all in this mess together. I had some serious wake up calls on the state of things today with trying to get my car away from the insurance company and into a repair because of COVID-19 repercussions. I really believe in America and hope we return to somewhat normalcy in the future.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Do you all anticipate adjusting your habits (dietarily), or do anticipate adopting a “Fuck it, I’m not changing my lifestyle, I’ll just pay whatever it costs” approach?
Eating out for example; I’m 95-99% done with doing it. And I’m anticipating dialing my portion sizing down as necessary. I’ve already accepted eating less frequently and adjusting my energy expenditure as much as possible accordingly.
I've tried to adjust, but it all depends on who's cooking in the family. My meals haven't changed and I'll I hear is how money is tight and costs are high. But NOTHING is changing. I feel like I'm the only one who's price conscious and then I feel guilty for eating a normal portion, depending on who bought the groceries in my house.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
You guys are getting good deals. I'm in the northeast with myself and 3 large growing boys to feed. We run $5-700 per week on food with 95% of it bought at BJ's or Costco. It's not cheap or sutainable.
That's how it is around here. Family of 3 with a bunch of family visitors and we are running at least 1300 a month also.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Caught some eggs on sell at walmart today for $9.82 for 60. Went to food lion and picked up a good deal on a few ribeyes and new york strips. Wife grabbed a pound of butter from a local farm. Set for the week.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I'm having a hard time understanding how people can eat so many carbs yet spend so much on food. Rice is still like $1 a pound and ramen is .25 cents per pack...lol

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
I'm having a hard time understanding how people can eat so many carbs yet spend so much on food. Rice is still like $1 a pound and ramen is .25 cents per pack...lol
I'm a ramen eating machine. Lol. That and 2 bucks worth of tuna gives me carbs and protein before and after workouts.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
Caught pork sirloin roast on sale this week for 1.18/pound. Needless to say for that price I have 22 lbs of it now. Injected with Cajun butter marinade. Not bad at all, especially for that price.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic