Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Grocery expenses

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I myself have cut down on some things that I enjoy just due to prices doubling on them. I have noticed that the younger people at work in their 20s and 30s have a "I want it all now" attitude and refuse to sacrifice anything. These are the same people that have bucket lists and would fly to a different city every weekend stay in Airbnb,use Uber to get around and always use door dash for food etc.
It's scary because they are well educated and well paid. Many times we we go out to lunch and they would leave 30% tips.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
You guys are getting good deals. I'm in the northeast with myself and 3 large growing boys to feed. We run $5-700 per week on food with 95% of it bought at BJ's or Costco. It's not cheap or sutainable.

Reactions: 5.0
L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
You guys are getting good deals. I'm in the northeast with myself and 3 large growing boys to feed. We run $5-700 per week on food with 95% of it bought at BJ's or Costco. It's not cheap or sutainable.
Good lord man. I live in the south and I know cost of living is cheaper here. There's no way I could afford that. I feel for you brother.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I myself have cut down on some things that I enjoy just due to prices doubling on them. I have noticed that the younger people at work in their 20s and 30s have a "I want it all now" attitude and refuse to sacrifice anything. These are the same people that have bucket lists and would fly to a different city every weekend stay in Airbnb,use Uber to get around and always use door dash for food etc.
It's scary because they are well educated and well paid. Many times we we go out to lunch and they would leave 30% tips.

I feel attacked!

I have no problem leaving a 30% tip for great service. I routinely have to leave extra money behind when I go out with people like you (my parents and a few older military guys that I’m privileged to call friends). We’ll get great service, great food, smiles all around, and they’ll leave $1.25 on a $10 burger with water. My dad is cool with 12% tips. Lol. I am not.

DoorDash is wicked convenient sometimes too, and they deliver both my favorite local steakhouse and my favorite local sushi. To each their own, lol. I don’t think it’s and education or pay grade thing, I just have a good situation and I love living life to its fullest each day.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I feel attacked!

I have no problem leaving a 30% tip for great service. I routinely have to leave extra money behind when I go out with people like you (my parents and a few older military guys that I’m privileged to call friends). We’ll get great service, great food, smiles all around, and they’ll leave $1.25 on a $10 burger with water. My dad is cool with 12% tips. Lol. I am not.

DoorDash is wicked convenient sometimes too, and they deliver both my favorite local steakhouse and my favorite local sushi. To each their own, lol. I don’t think it’s and education or pay grade thing, I just have a good situation and I love living life to its fullest each day.
People like me LOL lowest tip I have ever left is 15% and that is for terrible service. My standard is 20%. I broke my ass coming up in the wait industry paying for college. I knew how bad it felt to get stiffed.

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
Welcome again, aka Apexpredator, Swiper is one of many old gems that are here, stick around and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah I plan to, I’ll do my best to behave and not piss off to many people. I like it here, it’s really nice to see some of my old friends here I mean OLD @Wallyd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
It's $200- 250 for us and that's almost no meat short of some luch meat for the young guns sammys. If we buy meat, it's just burger since we buy 1/4 steer and raise pigs and chickens and I will give 2 deer a dirt nap each year.

I notice a bump in protein powder and protein bars. My Quest bars from Walmart for a pack of 12 went from $24 to $30 over night.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
The economic state of this country has limited my vacation plans. Since 2012 we have done two vacations a year on a semi private island average cost was 2000 for a big house second row beach front. Ever since the pandemic prices have risen to 3, 4, and now almost 6000. No way to justify that so we take a 3 day trip to a more crowded beach on the coast which is now almost double for a 3 night stay on a beach front condo.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
I'm curious how much poaching deer has went up due to inflation.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
People like me LOL lowest tip I have ever left is 15% and that is for terrible service. My standard is 20%. I broke my ass coming up in the wait industry paying for college. I knew how bad it felt to get stiffed.

Tongue-in-cheek brother. Just having some fun.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic