Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Grocery expenses

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
What’s your current approximate weekly food bill, NOT including supps?

I’ve got mine at right around $75 - $100 / week.
That covers my beef, chicken, eggs, liver, a banana about 4x a week, butter, coffee, cream, water and milk.
I’ve got things simplified and reduced down to maintenance levels — currently I eat just 1-2x a day.
Remember, I eat carnivore with small infrequent cheats — and haven’t eaten veggies in 4 years.
I use mygrocerydeals .com to try and grab things at sale pricing.
The wife typically picks up minerals (sodium, potassium), and stevia type sweetener for coffee.
That’s where things are at for the time being.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Just for my 4 meals a day I am about 45 for the week. However my 5th meal is regular supper with the wife, so going to say about the same as you.

Supps and Gearnis a different story

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
If I factor in what I buy at the store and what I buy from the farmers I would say around $75 to $85 a week. Since covid started I've been sourcing all I can direct from the source. It's possible to get raw goat milk, raw goat cheese, eggs, and a bunch of other stuff at pre inflation prices that way.

Slic.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I get some stuff from the farmers market weekly while I can, but I’m probably around $60-$90 per week now. I started doing some fasting weekly now which helps keep costs down lol.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
There are three of us in the house who eat 4000-5000 calories a day each and one who is vegan, so we spend a lot. We get most of our protein from farmers or kill it ourselves though, so that helps.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Fasting ability is a great skill! Not only good for health, but definitely a bonus during inflation.
Fasting is tough, best I do is last meal at 430pm and first meal next day is 630am.... i am starving

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Spent $375 at whole foods on Monday, and I can't even tell you where all the food went. It is pretty much all gone except for a pork tenderloin and 3 packs of chicken breast.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
What’s your current approximate weekly food bill, NOT including supps?

I’ve got mine at right around $75 - $100 / week.
That covers my beef, chicken, eggs, liver, a banana about 4x a week, butter, coffee, cream, water and milk.
I’ve got things simplified and reduced down to maintenance levels — currently I eat just 1-2x a day.
Remember, I eat carnivore with small infrequent cheats — and haven’t eaten veggies in 4 years.
I use mygrocerydeals .com to try and grab things at sale pricing.
The wife typically picks up minerals (sodium, potassium), and stevia type sweetener for coffee.
That’s where things are at for the time being.
Close to this for me too. About $100-130 per week. Depending on if I pick up extra steaks on sell. I eat twice per day. Meat and eggs. Coffee twice per day with some butter and heavy cream. Monthly supps are pretty simple. Potassium magnesium, zinc, D3. I recently purchased a half a cow so the freezer is pretty well stocked. One of my students is an inspector at a local slaughter house and brings me free organ meats regularly.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Just grocery bill? I’d say $120-150. But I eat out 4-5 times a week and it’s either steak or sushi, so my food cost is north of $300 a week easy. But, I don’t have kids and I don’t have expensive hobbies. Besides eating.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic