Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Grip Strength Help

N

nyclifter1920

Jun 19, 2018
Seriously in depth and comprehensive beginner guide...well done.

I got into lifting about 6 months ago and one of my biggest issues has been dealing with grip strength and hand protection as I scale up my weight...I keep finding myself unable to keep my grip strength up with my weight when it comes to farmer's carries, dead lifts, RDL's, etc.

I hate gloves because my hands get sweaty. Do you have any suggestions? I actually just found a pair of these things on Kickstarter yesterday and ordered a pair to see if they work for me (see image attached). Called palmi....maybe they'll be the answer but I'm looking for anything else if anyone has advice!

Attachments

• palmi pic2.jpg
    palmi pic2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 311
MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Seriously in depth and comprehensive beginner guide...well done.

I got into lifting about 6 months ago and one of my biggest issues has been dealing with grip strength and hand protection as I scale up my weight...I keep finding myself unable to keep my grip strength up with my weight when it comes to farmer's carries, dead lifts, RDL's, etc.

I hate gloves because my hands get sweaty. Do you have any suggestions? I actually just found a pair of these things on Kickstarter yesterday and ordered a pair to see if they work for me (see image attached). Called palmi....maybe they'll be the answer but I'm looking for anything else if anyone has advice!
My advice is that you start a new thread in an appropriate subforum instead of shitting all over an archived post.

M

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
My advice is that you start a new thread in an appropriate subforum instead of shitting all over an archived post.

M
Fixed that for you bro.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
My left hand is loads weaker than my right and its causing me issues in deadlift. I don't know if I hurt that hand/arm in the past or whats going on. I did pinch a nerve good maybe 10 years back that made that hand hard to use. Anyway...

I have some "Captains of Crush" grip handles from Iron Mind sitting around my living room. I give them some squeezes when I remember too. Otherwise I keep working on my deads, and I also have some Fat Gripz I use when doing calf raises.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Spam is an excellent source of protein brah

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
So to sum it all up, spam can be used to lift heavy weights and protect hands by cutting a hole in it and putting your peepee inside.

W

Worthersee

Aug 27, 2018
You can use espander to increase grip strength. And it's convenient bcoz you can train your grip whenever you are

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
LOL..... I use straps. seems to be most people I know preferred choice for assisting grip.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
As for a movement to aid in increasing grip strength... farmers walks. If you have to use DB's pick up some fat gripz.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic