Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Grip Strength and its Affects on Other Things

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I personally think grip strength is critical not just for form but from a practical standpoint. You can't move what you can't hold on to.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Grip strength is the first things I work on getting back to working out, because it is so important. Even though I’m constantly breaking shit with out realizing it, because of my grip strength, I would rather have it that way than not..

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Absolutely grip training has helped me by keeping my arms from getting minor injuries like tendinitis ( tennis elbow etc ) so I’ve always just done plus I’m shallow I like having muscular vascular forearms

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

Some good resources in that link if you don’t want to read the doctor’s opinion and just want to see the science of it.

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
I agree with this like LK said. If your grip is week then form can/will suffer on certain lifts. This goes for any muscle or muscle group that is either under or overactive. The kinetic chain is important and targeting the areas that can cause issues is definitely needed.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Even though I’m constantly breaking shit with out realizing it, because of my grip strength, I would rather have it that way than not.
crushing your head.jpg

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
A bit off topic but still with the grip. I think the best grip is where you are the strongest.

for example: when doing back grip where you’re the strongest that you can pull the most weight. whether it be wide, narrow or in between.

what say you?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic