Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Greek Style Yogurt

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
If you guys and gals ever come to Greece and eat real Greek yoghurt, I seriously doubt you're going to buy that stuff you have over there again. It naturally has a relatively high fat content, it's thick, smooth and has natural, creamy texture. Those that are sold with the crust on top aren't much like I described but are very good for your health because of their high, good-bacteria content.

D

dinska

Dec 11, 2011
What a rip off this stuff is, so expensive and what's the difference? A bit of protein added and it's a bit thicker. ****in hell, $5 for 2 servings. I just add some ground up oats and protein powder and the stuff is like cement. Way better and thicker than this greek yogurt. What a scam.

"Greek" yogurt is just marketing. For one, in many countries it's called "Bulgarian yogurt" -- Bulgarians invented yogurt, we have it at every meal. The "Greek yogurt" you find in stores is just strained yogurt. You can do that yourself with a strainer or coffee filter. Not that it matters because now it's fairly cheap. (Although Bulgarian yogurt was always made with sheep or buffalo milk till the end of the cold war when they started importing cows for all the expats moving there from Britain.)

Speaking of doing it yourself, I never understood why people buy yogurt. Supermarket yogurt to me tastes disgusting, like it's already spoiled. Plus it has weird thickeners and things that don't even belong in it. Buy a yogurt maker for $50 and you'll make that money back with a delicious result. I use the kind with cups so they're portion sized for the week. You can even use skim milk, it'll still turn out great.

TBH I'd rather do what you're doing than eat the supermarket stuff.

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
The Chobani with oats added is not too shabby and I get it on sale a lot. The apple with oats tastes much like apple crisp. Smoothies made with Chobani come out nice and rich to boot.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
There's a Chobani plant pretty not far from where I reside that had a recent contamination recall. I wanna say there were traces of listeria but don't quote me on that. I know a girl that was a lab tech in that plant and some of the things she told me that they allow to leave their facility has left a bad taste in my mouth. I know nobody in my area will buy their product any time soon.
Oh and fukk you Strongwyfe.
That is all

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic