Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Got labs back. TRT help.

texas boy

texas boy

May 28, 2014
Well I'm in my mid 30's and went to the doc to see about checking my test and thyroid levels since I've been running on empty lately. Tired and the interest in sex is at an all time low. That just ain't right. However my Thyroid level is right on (I take synthroid for hypo) and my test level was at 463. Not bad I guess but I feel it would benefit me personally to be around 600-800. Preferably 800ish. My doctor is a woman that we picked up last minute. Not sure she even does it. Not really happy with her so far. My question is would my current level be acceptable for TRT. I could do it myself but would prefer a legal route. Any help is appreciated.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I told my endo that I wanted to have kids....tested below 300 and she said no to TRT and started spewing shit about clomid. 463 isn't bad but your other levels may indicate that something else is going on.

texas boy

texas boy

May 28, 2014
Thinking of going to see a dr a buddy on TRT recommended to me. They keep him maintained at 800. That would be awesome to be sitting around that cruising.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Well I'm in my mid 30's and went to the doc to see about checking my test and thyroid levels since I've been running on empty lately. Tired and the interest in sex is at an all time low. That just ain't right. However my Thyroid level is right on (I take synthroid for hypo) and my test level was at 463. Not bad I guess but I feel it would benefit me personally to be around 600-800. Preferably 800ish. My doctor is a woman that we picked up last minute. Not sure she even does it. Not really happy with her so far. My question is would my current level be acceptable for TRT. I could do it myself but would prefer a legal route. Any help is appreciated.

==================================================================

Before you go the TRT route especially at a level which is within the norm for "30s" (I'm thinking the later 30s) year olds ask yourself this question. How natural is it for 30 yo to have a Testosterone level that matches most teens?

This "kids" thing is real, TRT not only suppresses LH but also FSH and along with that sperm! Moreover TRT is clearly associated with a worsening lipid profile and HTN in addition to an elevated "blood count" which carries the risk of phlebotomy to diminish the complications of "erythrocytosis".

Do I give patient TRT your age YEP! Do I allow the TT level to approximate 1K yep! (Depending up signs and symptoms but not above 1000ng/dl)

BUT I MOST CERTAINLY ENSURE PATIENTS UNDERSTAND THE BENEFIT AS WELL AS THE RISKS.

If you go to some doc who doesn't even mention these risks, get the hell out of there! Because those facilities are "TRT mills" and are not serving the best interests of patient, PERIOD!

Forgot --------GO Bears!!!

Regards
Jim

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

Hey TB is your reduced interest in sex coincide with your wife's or perhaps she mentioned your limited desire?
I ask because not all females, some wive's in particular, appreciate an "over sexed husband, in their later years".

(Want proof? I actually had one lady threaten to "shoot me" if I didn't take her "animal" husband "off that shit". True event)

Regs
JIM

Last edited:
texas boy

texas boy

May 28, 2014
I'm trying to catch up with her in that department. It's the typical I was in my prime in my early 20's and she's getting into her prime now!! She's not lacking anything lol. She's gorgeous too so I need to step it up. I'm definitely aware of any sides as I have monkeyed around with cycles in the past.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
This is just some late feed back. Your test are in the normal range. Doc's just can't prescribe TRT because you want your test levels higher. They have to have the blood work on file that back up their actions. In your case there is no case to offer you a test script.

Now these TRT clinic are ALL about the dollar. You just have to be able to support that cost for your bottle of testosterone.

What Dr. Jim said in his post is all facts. Most of what he wrote I have seen on my blood work over the years.

Good luck,
GC

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
463 is fine...what's your free test at? That's what important.
Also, you could test 463 and go back in a few months and test 650
because of diet and/or quality sleep.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic