Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Got a quick question about measuring my cc

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
Hey I've always used amps and now for the first time I have a vial.. Where do I measure the amount, the bottom of the rubber plunger or the top? When I hold it upside down, there's the bottom which is flat and easy to see and the top that is curved and harder to see.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
the top of the plunger. as you pull it in to the syringe, the curved line at the top should stop on the amount that you are intending to draw up.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Fill liquid to the line you want.

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
It seemed like maybe a dumb question but it's real hard for me to see, I went with the bottom of the plunger so I got about a half cc short, next time I'll grab my glasses so maybe I have a fighting chance. I got 1/2 cc of runnber stopper instead of enanthate.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Half a cc? A cc is a ml, so if you got half a ml short, it's not because of a little tiny plunger. I'm not sure what you did wrong, but the difference between the bottom and the top of the plunger is not that much. Unless you have really strange syringes....

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
i dont think he meant half a CC. that would be a LOT more than the 2 drops off that the plunger would cause...

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
Half a cc? A cc is a ml, so if you got half a ml short, it's not because of a little tiny plunger. I'm not sure what you did wrong, but the difference between the bottom and the top of the plunger is not that much. Unless you have really strange syringes....

In addition, it's technically a mL. Too many people, including MDs, mistakenly call it a cc. It's a liquid; therefore, it's measured in liters.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
one thing to consider is the volume of the needle... the larger gauge and length the more volume... and most guys load with 20g... which can potentially hold 1/10th of an ml... 1/10th of an ml doesn't sound like much but when you multiply it by 10 you will be way short on your last shot...

So keep that in mind...

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Just use the vial like an amp and pin the whole thing......j/k don't do that...The end of the plunger forms an arc or radius, the fluid follows the shape of the plunger and forms a meniscus. Always measure from the bottom of the meniscus, this would be from the rounded tip of the plunger. As IC mentioned your needle will also hold up to an additional 1/10th mL that is not accounted for in the measurement. If you are trying to get a specific number of pins out of a vial it is important to factor in the volume of the draw pin....

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011

a 3 cc syringe the plunger is about 1/2ml in size. one has to remember that syringes come in all size and depending on the size of the syringe depends on the size of the plunger.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic