Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Gorilla Bench Training Center (Tampa/Clearwater) Powerlifting Gyms

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I'm going to Tampa/Clearwater in early September for vacation, and I found a powerlifting gym called Gorilla Bench Training that I might check out. Anyone heard of either that gym or know of any gyms I should check out?

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I was gonna say Tampa Barbell but I heard Tommy Fannon decided to become a BB or something. Don't know if his PL section of the gym shut down.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
There is a place just south of there in bradenton called muscle works. Old school hard core pl. Gym. Community chalk chains bands mono and a handful of wr. Holders in there. Worth the 35 min drive to go train there, especially around 6pm when all of the big boys are there.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I'm impressed you are trying.

We go to the same place every year and I have found a gym there that is decent and I can make my noises and such. :)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Lived in Tampa for 2yrs but wasn't into PLing back then. SS and I trained at Powerhouse Gym on FL Ave. back then.

G. Naspinski

G. Naspinski

Jun 4, 2015
TBB is still a powerlifting gym

I was gonna say Tampa Barbell but I heard Tommy Fannon decided to become a BB or something. Don't know if his PL section of the gym shut down.

We are still alive and well. We are currently looking for new members. Look us up on Facebook and shoot Tommy a message to let him know you are interested. Equipment wise we have probably the best set up in the area. Shoot me any questions you may have and I can pass them on.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
We are still alive and well. We are currently looking for new members. Look us up on Facebook and shoot Tommy a message to let him know you are interested. Equipment wise we have probably the best set up in the area. Shoot me any questions you may have and I can pass them on.
Awesome man glad to hear. I have a good friend that used to train with you guys. Dude was an animal! He had to move away though. His training hasn't been the same since.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Cool. Someone from Detroit Barbell also told me that I need to look Tampa Barbell up ... I just liked the Facebook page and I'll shoot you guys a message before I head down there.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

Good to know b/c I may be moving back down that way...

Halo

Halo

MuscleHead
Jul 5, 2011
Tampa barbell is a great Gym it's where I started my real powerlifting. Tommy Fannon the owner is a great guy equipment is awesome the atmosphere is inspiring. Gabe is a really great guy and published frequently on elite forums kind of a Jedi on Russian routines Tom "The Rhino" Bodenbender was my mentor when I was there and I could not have been in better hands a real leader and powerlifting and the best handler you could even imagine when it comes time to go to a meet. If you get a chance definitely check out Tampa Barbell.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
I'm going to Tampa/Clearwater in early September for vacation, and I found a powerlifting gym called Gorilla Bench Training that I might check out. Anyone heard of either that gym or know of any gyms I should check out?

Never been there but heard alot of great things about it. I met the owner a while back along with a couple of his lifters that competed at one of my meets and they were awesome. The owner is an amazing lifter and a great guy, its definitely a place I would go to if I was ever in that area.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic