Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Google sandow indiegogo

S

sandowmovie

Dec 15, 2015
This indiegogo project is not spam and I have put in a tremendous amount of time and money into the Sandow project to bring exposure to the bodybuilding community.

S

sandowmovie

Dec 15, 2015
Allow me to introduce myself- my name is Alexander Cooper from London England and I'm an actor and film producer/entrepreneur and I am running an Indiegogo to raise funds for a film called Sandow which I want to be one of the best films on sports and bodybuilding ever made. Since I was a boy I was a huge fan of the Rocky movies and always wanted to make my own films. Sandow is an interesting and untold story inspired by two real world athletes, Launceston Elliot the first British Olympic Champion and his trainer Eugen Sandow. It's important that the campaign gets funding because Sandow is a passionate tale of struggle in the face of adversity, and of a man’s desires and dreams. Sandow is a fascinating and untold story, of a cultural icon who everyone wanted a piece of,it is an important film which needs backers to bring it to the screen. There are not many films made about sports nowadays but in particular there are not many films about how sports have developed showing the beginnings of professional bodybuilding and Olympic athletes combined with a period setting; the film deals with universal themes- I believe there is a Sandow in everyone who is inspired to work to build something larger than themselves; this I believe is what makes Sandow a most unique project. I hope you like it and will consider sharing and contributing if you feel inclined. On the other hand if movies are not your thing please feel free to ignore! Best wishes all for a Merry Christmas and thanks for having me in the iron den forums.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Edit: Nevermind, you responded prior to my post.

Welcome to the board.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
You have to forgive my initial scepticism, I guess we will see where this goes.

Welcome

S

sandowmovie

Dec 15, 2015
Thanks for the welcome MaNiCC and not to worry a healthy scepticism is quite understandable. It's quite an ask to approach total strangers to try and get them to fund a film in the final days of the campaign. But I have been working on this project over 5 years now and unable to find backers for it, there are various reward levels and if you ever wanted to see your name in the credits of a "Period style Rocky vs Gatsby vs Chariots of Fire for bodybuilding" this might be your only chance! Will also be looking for cast as things go ahead to shoot in England - actors, gymnasts and bodybuilders and so on...this film has such a huge potential...I just hope it can be a reality eventually.

S

sandowmovie

Dec 15, 2015
Have you ever heard of the real Sandow by the way?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic