Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Going back on TRT, hopefully. What to use?

massimo1

massimo1

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2022
update: my doc looked over my recent bloods and was concerned that with 2 blood draws a couple of months or so apart, the hematocrit and hemoglobin numbers were too high. I looked back at one of my blood tests from 2018 and that was the case then, too. I got tested for the JAK2 gene (which can be a cause). That came bank negative, but she told me that 14% of people who get a negative JAK2 result still have the defective gene, though she doesn't believe I'm in that 14% group. She does believe I have a hematological 'disease'. Therefore, I had a biopsy this week - drilled a hole in my hip. Results will come in the next two weeks.
She expects find that I do have a problem. Once determined (as a legal requirement), she can then prescribe medication that will control my red blood stuff and let me back on TRT. Thankfully, I have Greek govt health insurance, so the medicine will be cheap. If I have a more serious and rare problem, there is a stupidly expensive medication, like $3000 a month, but she can arrange for me to get that one for free. Anyway, I'll have news for you soon.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Sorry you'e having to deal with this. I hope things work out for the best.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
My hematocrit was dangerously high after my spring-summer cycle. With the help of a hematologist, it's back in the normal range, but I had to quit TRT. I am going to ask about going back on that. What do you think of using primo instead of testosterone for TRT and how much would be good? Or 1/2 test - 1/2 primo?
Primo is not Testosterone Replacement Therapy my man. I too went off 2 months ago for the same reason and not sure when I will be back on. But Primo is an anabolic and a very very low androgenic, if any at all. Like taking cough syrup for sprained ankle...

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I had this exact same issue a few months ago. A few life style changes and dropping my TRT from 250mg per week to 200mg every ten days did the trick. These days I stick with 250mg of Test U every 10 days and all is well.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
What are your current tes levels? I'd go with c200 after knowing what my tes levels are at then manage a higher level for maintenance to look like Popeye.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Do you have sleep issues? Sleep apnea, insomnia, etc... are some of the leading causes for high RBC and HCT.

My RBC and HCT are always above average no matter what. Gear, no gear, 185 lbs, 255 lbs, running 70+ miles a week, walking 10-15 miles a week, low protein, high protein, etc... Been that way since I started getting blood work 25 years ago.
Interesting, never heard this about sleep issues and high RBC. I've never really looked into it much, just always donated blood on a regular basis to keep things in check.
I've recently stopped all gear usage due to back surgery 8 weeks ago and not training.
Since then I cant sleep worth a damn. Tried all the otc supplements, melatonin, valerian root, gaba you name it. Nothing helped.
Even had my primary physician give me a script for ambien a few days ago and still cant sleep.
Of course it doesn't help with my wife snoring like a bear right next to me (God bless her soul) lol

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
Interesting, never heard this about sleep issues and high RBC. I've never really looked into it much, just always donated blood on a regular basis to keep things in check.
I've recently stopped all gear usage due to back surgery 8 weeks ago and not training.
Since then I cant sleep worth a damn. Tried all the otc supplements, melatonin, valerian root, gaba you name it. Nothing helped.
Even had my primary physician give me a script for ambien a few days ago and still cant sleep.
Of course it doesn't help with my wife snoring like a bear right next to me (God bless her soul) lol
So you are off of all gear and have sleep problems??
I usually have sleep issues when on test/cycle.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
So you are off of all gear and have sleep problems??
I usually have sleep issues when on test/cycle.
Yep, just now starting to finally sleep a little better. Still not able to sleep through the night but i get a few hours in and then im up for a bit and then get another few hours.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic