Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Here is a comment by one of the silencer dealers in Texas

Made in Texas – Silencers and Regulations
June 15, 2021 No comments
Made in Texas – Silencers and Regulations
There’s been a lot of talk about new regulations regarding silencers made inside Texas, and while it’s a good thing, it ultimately won’t change silencer ownership in the state.
The proposed regulations would make it lawful, per Texas law, to possess a silencer that was made in Texas and marked as such without NFA registration. The important aspect of the last sentence is “per Texas law.” Dealers are regulated by federal law, as is the National Firearms Act. Simply put, even though certain criteria may allow an unregistered silencer to be legal according to the great state of Texas, it is still a federal felony that carries a 10 year prison sentence and a heavy fine. Kansas enacted a similar law, and unfortunately the first of those to test it were prosecuted by the ATF.
It is great to see Texas law taking a stance on silencer ownership, and comforting that we have state politicians who support the second amendment and realize the futility of silencer-centric regulations. Unfortunately, since federal law has not changed, any unregistered silencer possession or transfer is still a punishable federal felony. On top of the fine and prison sentence, this could strip away an otherwise lawful citizen’s second amendment rights. It’s a small step in the right direction, but we’re not at the finish line just yet.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
That's about what I would have expected. New companies distributing outside of FFLs. A simple design you could manufacture in your garage.

After searching, there are quite a few companies in Texas who manufacture their own brand of suppressor. I do wish Ihad the needed skills to do this type fo work.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I am sure you can make your own suppressors with a 3d metal printer and the proper design for the particular gun you want to make one for. As the price of 3D metal printers come down it can become a simple matter to make your own suppressors (only where it's legal to do so I may add).

If you want a good can you need metal that can handle the pressure and heat.
Not so easy to deal with.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Good video! I am sure all of the anti gun nuts on MSN went crazy but they will get over it. MSN put the video up to create controversy. There are quite a few places in Texas were you can pay to shoot 50 cals, tanks and most anything else you want to pay for. Many gun stores with gun ranges also rent fully auto rifles. If you hate guns just stay the hell away from them or you are surely going to be triggered and have to hold your teddybear. Fucking pussies. I would be proud to have these two people as my next door neighbor. If these damn gun hating congressman honestly cared about anyone dying when are thehy going to stop the murders going on in Chicago where they have the strictest gun laws?

Last edited:
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Good video! I am sure all of the anti gun nuts on MSN went crazy but they will get over it. MSN put the video up to create controversy. There are quite a few places in Texas were you can pay to shoot 50 cals, tanks and most anything else you want to pay for. Many gun stores with gun ranges also rent fully auto rifles. If you hate guns just stay the hell away from them or you are surely going to be triggered and have to hold your teddybear. Fucking pussies. I would be proud to have these two people as my next door neighbor. If these damn gun hating congressman honestly cared about anyone dying when are thehy going to stop the murders going on in Chicago where they have the strictest gun laws?

No doubt, friend!!!!...So many double standards that plague humanity!!!!....Makes u wanna catch a ride to Mars and start over!....

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018

HOLY SHITE!!! Wife and I are going to Texas around Sept-Oct, she is down for shooting a machine gun and flame thrower, this looks like some serious FUN!!!

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
As long as these types of events keep going down, guns will continue to be touted as the "problem"....What a joke!!!

Gunman arrested after 3 police officers shot in hourslong Texas standoff (msn.com)

"Police said 60-year-old Bryan Hucabee was reported to 911 as suicidal before he shot the three SWAT-trained officers Wednesday night when they were attempting to enter the home for a welfare check." No doubt this idiot wanted to die and wanted the police to kill him. AS USUAL, the gun was not the problem, it was the NUT holding the gun. Might be that this idiot has some mental healthissue for a while and should not have even possessed a gun.

Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence, although the exact number remains disputed. Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.

Unfortunately the hysterical gun grabbers never talk about the lives saved because the victim had a gun,.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
More statistics the hysterical gun grabber hate hearing, of the 35,637 firearm deaths that occurred from January-November 2019, 21,912 or 61.5 percent of them were suicides. That leave only 13.725 that were not someone killing themself. Seems like we have a huge mental health problem in America. Gun-violence rates in Philadelphia spiked after coronavirus lockdown measures were put into place in March 2020 — and remained at unprecedented levels for the rest of the year, a new study led by a Temple University Hospital trauma surgeon found. Apparently these lockdown, unemployment and the sudden rise in prices are also adding some stress.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic