Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

GNC Pro Performance Protein

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
After the post made on Optimum Nutrition Whey was put out there I thought I would tell you guys what I know and use.
So laugh, go bonkers or whjatever but I use GNC 100% whey http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Pro-Performance-100-Whey-Protein/product.jsp?productId=69419656 OR ON Gold standard 100% whey.

A friend of mine owns 3 GNC's in my area so cost was not really ever an issue and for years I have used Amplify XL but he was out of it a few times and he suggested this and stated that it is ON and the only difference is the label.
I have known him for 25 years and we train together he is a HUGE mofo.
Well it is a damn good product for the money and IS tested regularly for quality and content.
The product code is 1 digit off depending on if you buy the GNC or the ON it is EXACTLY the same product so I buy whichever is cheaper at the time and with this sale on right now I just bought 4 of the little ones as he was low on the 5 pounders.

So my point with this is Great product for a Great deal, and it works for me, not wanting to argue over this or that just throwing it out there cuz I know alot of peeps are GNC haters etc, and they can buy protein online from a guy selling out of a storage unit for less money etc....

Obviously I have no affiliation with GNC nor do I care where you buy ON products just emphasizing they are the same product and high quality.
Just tryin to save you guys some bucks so you can pay 400-500% markup on other stuff........:fish2:

This was posted earlier by macgyver:

"ON is owned by Glanbia which is one of the worlds larges dairy whey producers. They are a 4-5 billion dollar per year business. Most other supplement companies actually buy their raw materials from them. There is no one bigger in the whey protein market. ON is not run out of some guys garage and you can bet as a subsidy of Glanbia, their production facilities and standards are second to none. Also one of the few brands that tested and passes over and over for accurate labeling and not involved in "nitrogen spiking" that many brands do to boost their labels.

This thread could use a detour anyway....but ON is a solid brand, and great value. I have turned to buying mostly pure WPC 90 direct though (when I can get it). Guess what, it is made by Glanbia."

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
After the post made on Optimum Nutrition Whey was put out there I thought I would tell you guys what I know and use.
So laugh, go bonkers or whjatever but I use GNC 100% whey http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Pro-Performance-100-Whey-Protein/product.jsp?productId=69419656 OR ON Gold standard 100% whey.

A friend of mine owns 3 GNC's in my area so cost was not really ever an issue and for years I have used Amplify XL but he was out of it a few times and he suggested this and stated that it is ON and the only difference is the label.
I have known him for 25 years and we train together he is a HUGE mofo.
Well it is a damn good product for the money and IS tested regularly for quality and content.
The product code is 1 digit off depending on if you buy the GNC or the ON it is EXACTLY the same product so I buy whichever is cheaper at the time and with this sale on right now I just bought 4 of the little ones as he was low on the 5 pounders.

So my point with this is Great product for a Great deal, and it works for me, not wanting to argue over this or that just throwing it out there cuz I know alot of peeps are GNC haters etc, and they can buy protein online from a guy selling out of a storage unit for less money etc....

Obviously I have no affiliation with GNC nor do I care where you buy ON products just emphasizing they are the same product and high quality.
Just tryin to save you guys some bucks so you can pay 400-500% markup on other stuff........:fish2:

This was posted earlier by macgyver:

"ON is owned by Glanbia which is one of the worlds larges dairy whey producers. They are a 4-5 billion dollar per year business. Most other supplement companies actually buy their raw materials from them. There is no one bigger in the whey protein market. ON is not run out of some guys garage and you can bet as a subsidy of Glanbia, their production facilities and standards are second to none. Also one of the few brands that tested and passes over and over for accurate labeling and not involved in "nitrogen spiking" that many brands do to boost their labels.

This thread could use a detour anyway....but ON is a solid brand, and great value. I have turned to buying mostly pure WPC 90 direct though (when I can get it). Guess what, it is made by Glanbia."

I would not doubt it is manufactured by them at all. I know a lot of guys on here piss on the idea that you need whey. No really, you dont. BUT it makes getting and hitting protein requirements MUCH easier. Now, if you like to control your composition, it make it 1000x easier. It is hard to get 220-250g of protein a day and stay in the 60-70g of fat range. I try to stay around 10% year round, and being big and fat is easy.... (yes, flame me...but I know because that was me for a good while) I am in my early 40's with 15 years of training and in the best shape of my life.

The more you try to control composition, AND retain mass, the more things like Whey can be a great tool to accomplish that. The LESS you rely on outside hormonal augmentation, the more strict you must be with your intake. AAS shifts the nitrogen retention curve significantly and also helps with nutrient portioning. Some guys rely more on drugs and less on diet, some the other way. But at some point, no amount of drugs will overcome a diet deficient in nutrients.

Now, as for me, I get just over 1/3 of my daily protein intake from whey. Yep! I do. I also eat about a lb of lean meat daily, and the rest of my pro comes from milk and some eggs at times. I use so much that I have started buying pure, unflavored whey isolate. (which is 90% protein). NOW sells it in 10lb bags and although it looks expensive you will see it is the cheapest protein (when it comes to grams or pro/$). It is also the "best" protein you can buy with the cold process, micro filtered leaving many of the other health promoting aspects of whey. (Whey is pretty much a "super food" with many studies showing all kinds of benefits that have nothing to do with muscles)

I still buy flavored wheys, but use only 1/2 a scoop for a touch of flavor with milk and the rest I add unflavored whey.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Littleguy,
I believe what you are saying is correct.
Almost all the companies are buying are buying whey from a very few producers.
They will buy it in certain quality or grade. Add whatever they need as flavor, etc.
Slap a label and sell it as theirs.

A friend of mine used to own a supplement store.
The brother of a very well known bodybuilder and supplement company owner came to the store often.
He said the same thing as you describe.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic